Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

After Market Rims & Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 05:43 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After Market Rims & Tires

Thinking about adding some Maxis Bighorn radials to my 03 500 Auto and I can't decide on whether to get after market rims or use the stock rims. Does anyone have any pics with the after market rims or thoughts to share? ATV North shot me some pretty good kit prices W/ ITP rims. I really like the look of the chrome& black rims. Does the inch wider offset make much of a difference?
Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They look like they would be a great tire. I just talked with Maxxis yesterday and they said that they would not have an A/C rim until late May or early June. I use ITP "c" rims and they saved a little weight plus they look great. Maxxis makes an 8 spoke alloy rim that looks great. I would wait on the rims until may and use stock rims until then. I bought the ITP 589 kit and that works well for me. I am going to buy the Maxxis 8 spoke rims in may for my stock tires. Good luck.

Old 02-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Range Rover

Iowahuntr, I wouldn't advise getting any offset wheels for the AC650 unless you extended the fender flares, if you plan to be in any mud at all. As is , in watery mud the wheels throw up a lot of this stuff & all of it doesn't go to the rear. Unless you ride along pretty slow. In fact i wouldn't
mind if the fender flares were a little wider on mine. I'm still running the stock Goodyear's & i like them better with each trail ride. I did buy another set of Badland XTR's, already mounted on AC wheels.They were takeoffs & too good a deal to pass up. I just bought them & haven't tried them out yet. Looks like they will be a good trail tire, if you don't get into a lot of mud, & i think they'll be good on the rocky ledges. What tires are you looking at? Regards, Jerico1

Old 02-23-2004, 01:18 AM
Range Rover

I ordered the Maxis Bighorn Radials.. I realize the rims will be about an inch wider and I do have the 3" fender extentions on already. In the mudd the cat will coat you good thats why I added them. I will just be trail riding and useing it for hunting. I try to keep out of the mud as I hate cleaning the quads after an all day ride and the wife gets testy if the garage floor looks like a mud pit even though half of the mud is hers !

Old 02-23-2004, 03:07 AM
Range Rover

Iowahuntr, After a couple of trail rides, if you would, post your opinions on the Bighorns. They'll be coming out later this year with a 27" & maybe a 26". Yeah, I hear you on the mud. Our ride
saturday was 4 hrs. long & 2 hrs. cleaning up our ATV's, when we got home, & we avoided what mud we could. I'm looking hard at the Highlifter Lite Wheels in whatever standard offset fits the 650. at 49.5" wide, i'm wide enough. Jerico1