Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Nebraska Tire "Blem" tires.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 04:12 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nebraska Tire "Blem" tires.

I posted this over in the tire forum but did not get an answer. I thought I might try it over here since this forum gets some traffic and this is where I first heard of Nebraska tire.

Nebraska Tire "Blem" tires.

Any one ordered them. The site says the names are buffed from the sidewall. Are they smoothed so they look some what decent or are the sidewalls roughed up?

Thanks,

Brent

Old 04-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Range Rover

I have bought 6 Titan 489XT's from them. Four of them had Titan ground completely off, while two of them only had a couple of the letters ground off. It was a little rough as it looked as they used a side grinder to do it. They weren't terrible, but if you are going for a look with tire and wheels you can tell where they ground them.

Old 04-29-2004, 11:39 PM
Cub
Trailblazer

I have heard of guys getting tires from them and having lots of trouble with them. Some have had trouble holding air and others have had tires that look as if your rim is bent (tread wobbles). Some have had good luck with them too.....I guess its a 50-50 chance!

Old 04-29-2004, 11:50 PM
Range Rover

That is what I was afraid of, on both points. I remember years ago a local guy sold blem auto and truck tires. They were "name' brand tires however they either had "BLEM" branded into one of the sidewalls (in like small font, around an inch) or they had BLEM stamped on them in paint. The quad is for fun, not show, but I still don't think I would like tires that look like a cheese grater got ahold of them.

Do they do both sides?

As for the tred, I wonder how that fits into the "safe but appearance blemished" catagory. Sounds like a complete manufacturing issue that should have been destroyed.

HMM,, the price does not sound all that hot after all considering the risk.

Brent

Old 04-30-2004, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

I know some guys in Montana that have orderd them and they have not had any problems with performance, only looks. The tires they orderd came with holes drilled into the tread of the tires in addition to the name being ground off. The tires came with a plug kit to patch them though.

The price is right, but a fella would have to take into account how far from a point of repair he might be if something were to happen, if appearence is an issue, and take your chances.