Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

arctic cat vs honda

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default arctic cat vs honda

the 650 arctic cat is a good machine but i do feel that next years will be a great machine if they get a few of these darn bugs worked out on them (limp mode and belt) i haven't had any trouble other then belt on mine and well i used to think if you haven't broke anything then your not me but the last 3 wheelers i have owned have been arctic cat the one last year was a lemon what more can i say a 500 doesn't like 27 inch tires to terribly well and me driving it but the one before that was bomb proof and so has my 650 but if you try hard enough you can break anything then be thankful cause if you break something you can upgrade to aftermarket [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2004, 03:18 AM
Trailblazer

I use Honda since the 80ties... they are pretty good until you've got to pay for parts... AC's parts are a lot less on average and as a bonus you even get brakes, IRS and more. I'll never buy another Honda as long as AC makes bikes that can do the job for me!

Old 01-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you are looking for a Utility ATV, Arctic Cat is the way to go. It has more power, ground clearance, suspension travel, a larger fuel tank, and better acceleration. The japs may have been known for their reliability and inivation but, the times are a changing.

Old 01-16-2006, 11:45 PM
Trailblazer

When you get the front wheel spinning on a Honda, in snow or mud, just grab the front brake, it works as a locker. It isnt as good as the Cats system but it works. I am bouncing back and forth between the 500 man. cat and the Foreman. the bigest thing I didnt like(really the only thing) is the water cooled. It is another system I dont want to have to worry about. I ride Hondas but the Cats are really getting to be a neat bike.

Old 01-17-2006, 07:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

My Honda is screwed together much better than my Cat, but my Cat will go down much more difficult trails. Mind you the Honda isn't nearly as perfect as most Honda fans seem to think
I agree, I can go many more places with my stock Cat than other Honda's with big tires and lift kits and such. But I do think the Honda's will stay togather better.

Old 01-17-2006, 07:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hell, in my book, if you own it, then you can bad mouth it all you want. Doesn't count as ragging if you own it yourself.

Here, Here! And if you don't like it, sell it and try something else, or in my case keep it and try something else [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 01-17-2006, 08:45 AM
Pro Rider

that's so cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider

daveb, thats so cool !!!! beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy. i agree 100%

Old 01-17-2006, 12:19 PM
Trailblazer

i'm gonna wait till 2007 models and see how big the changes will be for next year. maybe the rincon will step up. and maybe they'll fix the body roll on the H-1. either way i'll buy one or the other, maybe both.

Old 01-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Trailblazer

i want one now, just need to be patient and heel up after dirtbike incident

Quick Reply: arctic cat vs honda