Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Does you Cat spend a lot of time in the Garage? How does it compare?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 04:51 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does you Cat spend a lot of time in the Garage? How does it compare?

Originally posted by: Bear4570
When somebody gets hurt or dies and the lawyers get into it you will find out you can't do whatever you want on your property. It's call liability and you will pay, probably for the rest of your life then again you might get lucky and only have criminal charges brought against you and only go to jail. Being stupid for any reason is the stupidest thing you can do and justifying with BS is stupider yet.
Who are you to judge who is stupid or not? Where you there when any of us had passengers? Are you there when I go trail riding? You can't label somebody by what they thing is wrong or right. You know what you can't sit here and tell me you do everything by the book. Can you sit here and tell all of us that when you get into a vehicle with a passenger and do the speed limit and not 1mph over becuase if you do I think you are stupid because you are going 1mph over, seems kinda dumb that I am calling you stupid for going 1mph over the speed limit with a passenger in your vehicle. I can tell you that I am 19 years old and have owned two quad a 2002 rancher and my new 2005 400i and have been riding Atv's for over 10 years since my parents owned quads. I've flippped rolled crashed and done everything on an ATV that can be done. But I can tell you in these scnerios I have been by myself on my quad and would not put any of my passengers in these situations. But I like to ride I other people enjoy riding on my quad so in the case I will let them ride but only in places I feel comfortable with a passenger. If you don't feel comfortable carrying a passenger on your atv then that is your preference and your choice as it is mine. Just like it is my choice to ride how I wasnt on my own land and if I choose not to where a helment (even though I know I should) but this country was created on the soul purpose of freedom and the right to choose our own boundry limits and not have somebody judge us on what we do without even seeing what we are doing. Honestly do you think we are have three people ride with us and drink a case of beer and go blazing down a trail at 50mph plus? I also have a 1976 Duster I like to take out on little hot spins every now and then on the back county roads. So are you now gonna call me stupid that I drve to fast and then put all others at a risk on the roads. We all have are boundry limits and so do our quads if you don't know your boundry limits as well as your quad when then all I can say is keep riding and quit trying to judge others on what you think is stupid and not stupid.

Old 12-25-2004, 02:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LimeGreenCat
Originally posted by: Bear4570
When somebody gets hurt or dies and the lawyers get into it you will find out you can't do whatever you want on your property. It's call liability and you will pay, probably for the rest of your life then again you might get lucky and only have criminal charges brought against you and only go to jail. Being stupid for any reason is the stupidest thing you can do and justifying with BS is stupider yet.
Who are you to judge who is stupid or not? Where you there when any of us had passengers? Are you there when I go trail riding? You can't label somebody by what they thing is wrong or right. You know what you can't sit here and tell me you do everything by the book. Can you sit here and tell all of us that when you get into a vehicle with a passenger and do the speed limit and not 1mph over becuase if you do I think you are stupid because you are going 1mph over, seems kinda dumb that I am calling you stupid for going 1mph over the speed limit with a passenger in your vehicle. I can tell you that I am 19 years old and have owned two quad a 2002 rancher and my new 2005 400i and have been riding Atv's for over 10 years since my parents owned quads. I've flippped rolled crashed and done everything on an ATV that can be done. But I can tell you in these scnerios I have been by myself on my quad and would not put any of my passengers in these situations. But I like to ride I other people enjoy riding on my quad so in the case I will let them ride but only in places I feel comfortable with a passenger. If you don't feel comfortable carrying a passenger on your atv then that is your preference and your choice as it is mine. Just like it is my choice to ride how I wasnt on my own land and if I choose not to where a helment (even though I know I should) but this country was created on the soul purpose of freedom and the right to choose our own boundry limits and not have somebody judge us on what we do without even seeing what we are doing. Honestly do you think we are have three people ride with us and drink a case of beer and go blazing down a trail at 50mph plus? I also have a 1976 Duster I like to take out on little hot spins every now and then on the back county roads. So are you now gonna call me stupid that I drve to fast and then put all others at a risk on the roads. We all have are boundry limits and so do our quads if you don't know your boundry limits as well as your quad when then all I can say is keep riding and quit trying to judge others on what you think is stupid and not stupid.
I can judge because I have lived through my stupid years, besides I have children almost twice as old as you. When I was 19, I was in combat and stupid (not the same as dumb) will get you killed, fast. If not by the enemy, then by your own side for self presevation. One day, if you live long enough, doubtful at this stage, you will understand. I have been faster than you can ever dream of going on your quad or your car and I have also been hurt doing the fast thing. When you set some speed records come back and talk to me about fast. The street is a very dangerous place to go fast. Endangering other is just plain stupid, there is no other way of putting it. If you want to endanger yourself have a ball. I won't cry at your funeral (been to too many to have it effect me anymore). But injurying or killing someone else is totally unacceptable, anywhere, anytime. Our society is setup to make you pay for that kind of stupidity. If you haven't learned it by you age you are probably in for a major shock when the powers that be come after you for disregarding others safety. And they will. BTW, the youth of today have come up with anything new to do for kicks that I didn't do in the 50's and 60's. I can truthfully say "been there done that".

Old 12-25-2004, 03:03 PM
Trailblazer

I can say that you are not me and you haven't done everything in the world know to man. By the way this isn't a war it's everyday life. By speed records why don't I look up your name in the record book if you think you are the fastest man alive. I can tell you that you don't live my life so everything that I do doesn't mean you have all ready done. I can tell you that I have had to deal with somebody's stupidity all ready in my life. When I was 16 me and my buddies where in my friends ford f-150 one night and he was going to fast and rolled the truck ejecting two of my friends from the vehicle and putting my head through the passenger window scalping me. I spent 4 days in the hospital becasue of that but I bet you can say been there done that right. Yes there are stupid people out there that don't know their limits. I can say that at 19 I have owned 9 different vehicles and never wrecked any one of them. You know what my friend you cannot say you have been there and done that to everybody in life just becasue you are older. You know what my if you are not confident enough to go 3mph in the front yeard of your house taking somebody on a ride which I have done many times then I am sorry to say that is why we have all these rules for riders becasue of people like you that are not comfortable with themselves or their quad.

By you saying you are taking the risk of killing somebody becasue you have a passenger. Everyday we take these risk I feel more comfortable on my quad with a passenger then with people like you on the trails that don't know what they can tackle and what they can't. or for that fact people on the roads that don't know what they are doing. You might have been in the war when you where my age but just becasue you where in a war doesn't mean you are better than the next person. Don't get me wrong I honor your courage and braveness to fight for this country but just becasue you did you don't get to decide what is right from wrong from one man to the next.

You also say that the street is a very dangerous place to go fast. I agree yes it is if you are in New york city and want to go 100mph. But what is smarter going out to a back country road and getting the feel for your car or just going to the race track with no experience or feel for your car and laying the hammer down. If you think that is better my friend then you are the kind of person that gets people killed on and off the race track. It's better to know what you have then not know and need it.

Old 12-25-2004, 03:33 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Mamma always said, "stupid is as stupid does" (gump)

I do stupid crap all the time.

Everyone does. Dont take it personally Cat,,,,were all stupid,,,i mean human.

Old 12-25-2004, 04:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LimeGreenCat
I can say that you are not me and you haven't done everything in the world know to man. By the way this isn't a war it's everyday life. By speed records why don't I look up your name in the record book if you think you are the fastest man alive. I can tell you that you don't live my life so everything that I do doesn't mean you have all ready done. I can tell you that I have had to deal with somebody's stupidity all ready in my life. When I was 16 me and my buddies where in my friends ford f-150 one night and he was going to fast and rolled the truck ejecting two of my friends from the vehicle and putting my head through the passenger window scalping me. I spent 4 days in the hospital becasue of that but I bet you can say been there done that right. Yes there are stupid people out there that don't know their limits. I can say that at 19 I have owned 9 different vehicles and never wrecked any one of them. You know what my friend you cannot say you have been there and done that to everybody in life just becasue you are older. You know what my if you are not confident enough to go 3mph in the front yeard of your house taking somebody on a ride which I have done many times then I am sorry to say that is why we have all these rules for riders becasue of people like you that are not comfortable with themselves or their quad.

By you saying you are taking the risk of killing somebody becasue you have a passenger. Everyday we take these risk I feel more comfortable on my quad with a passenger then with people like you on the trails that don't know what they can tackle and what they can't. or for that fact people on the roads that don't know what they are doing. You might have been in the war when you where my age but just becasue you where in a war doesn't mean you are better than the next person. Don't get me wrong I honor your courage and braveness to fight for this country but just becasue you did you don't get to decide what is right from wrong from one man to the next.

You also say that the street is a very dangerous place to go fast. I agree yes it is if you are in New york city and want to go 100mph. But what is smarter going out to a back country road and getting the feel for your car or just going to the race track with no experience or feel for your car and laying the hammer down. If you think that is better my friend then you are the kind of person that gets people killed on and off the race track. It's better to know what you have then not know and need it.

LimeGreenCat, Come talk to me in twenty years. Your tune will have changed if you are still among the living. BTW you are not listening. Bing is right you know. I admitted to stupid early on in this missive, so what makes you so special??

Old 12-25-2004, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Ignore the kid Bear - This is one of those arguements that are not worth the effort. This young man has a lot to learn and unfortunetly he's to smart to learn anything from those who have already gone down the path he is just starting out on.

Unfortunetly way to many youth believe that getting their drivers license means they know everything there is to know. Someday this kid will be the man looking back at the foolish youth behind him - and understand our frustration.

Old 12-26-2004, 01:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: WhoDatInDaMud
Ignore the kid Bear - This is one of those arguements that are not worth the effort. This young man has a lot to learn and unfortunetly he's to smart to learn anything from those who have already gone down the path he is just starting out on.

Unfortunetly way to many youth believe that getting their drivers license means they know everything there is to know. Someday this kid will be the man looking back at the foolish youth behind him - and understand our frustration.

I had hoped he might see the light at the end of the tunnel, but he appears to be intent on harming himself (not a big loss) or unfortunately someone else. You are right, I give up.

Old 12-26-2004, 01:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

and this is why the elderly are the problem with society today,there scared to face fear head on,I know many people like you ,your the kinda people that say "hey why do you wanna race motorcrass freestyle and jump 70ft. in the air and race 70-80 mph ? why not race enduro quads runnin 12 mph through the woods on all 4's and its because limits are ment to be broken speed limits,high limits,everything,NO you shouldnt endanger the lives of others but when its just your one simple life you have the right to do what you want with it wheather its sumthing that may possibly end it or not,I live my day 1 day at a time,1 jump at a time ,1 mile at a time, at anytime I may never come home to see my wife and daughter again but i accept that ,iam willing to take the risk,because I enjoy haveing fun on my quad/dirt bike because rideing around on flat level ground bymyself going 3 mph is NOT RIDEING !!!!!!!!!

Old 12-26-2004, 01:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: GaSwampDonkey
and this is why the elderly are the problem with society today,there scared to face fear head on,I know many people like you ,your the kinda people that say "hey why do you wanna race motorcrass freestyle and jump 70ft. in the air and race 70-80 mph ? why not race enduro quads runnin 12 mph through the woods on all 4's and its because limits are ment to be broken speed limits,high limits,everything,NO you shouldnt endanger the lives of others but when its just your one simple life you have the right to do what you want with it wheather its sumthing that may possibly end it or not,I live my day 1 day at a time,1 jump at a time ,1 mile at a time, at anytime I may never come home to see my wife and daughter again but i accept that ,iam willing to take the risk,because I enjoy haveing fun on my quad/dirt bike because rideing around on flat level ground bymyself going 3 mph is NOT RIDEING !!!!!!!!!

Sonny boy I have faced bigger and more fear than you can imagine. I have been to a real war and came back. I raced cars and went a hell of alot fast than you ever will. I also raced boats and if you think 140mph in a car was fast, try 130mph in a boat sometime. So when you have been there and done that, come tell me about fear and being able to face it. I have all the scars to prove that I had the guts (I now know that alot of it was stupid) to do it and better than most. The last time I one a National championship was in 1987 and I was over fourty and beat every snot nosed kid just like you who were all mouth until the end then ate major crow. I learned that all of the following are true.

Old age and treachery will out do youth and enthusiasm everytime!

You can't fix dumb!

Stupidity should be painful!

What?, you thought I posted them to be cute, not likely.

Old 12-26-2004, 04:51 AM
Trailblazer

So pretty much you are telling us they we can't do what you did and we can't have the enjoyment of life becasue you did and know that you are older you relize this and now are calling us stupid for the things you have done in the past. So basically your saying we should not do anything stupid becasue it's all ready been done? what that's your life and not mine. I want to have fun, I live to have fun and not sit at home and lock myself in a closet affraid of getting hurt. You think that you have done it all huh? You have been to war, race boats, raced cars, blah blah blah. Well that's you not us we still all get a thrill out of it and if you don't then that's you not us. So by the way who are you the renissance man? You have done everything in life and stand up to no challenge? By the way I have fast cars I've been 140mph in a car. and guess what still have a lot of living ahead of me and will not turn down fun because of the chance that I might get hurt. I do not endanger my passengers or for that fact anybody out on the road. But I will take risk with myself. Yes I am a kid and for that fact your only a kid once and for people like you are taking the fun out of being a youth. You wonder why there are so many accidents now days and why so many people are getting killed. I will tell you why it is people like you that did what they did when they where young and not let kids like me experience for themselve. Back when my old man was a kid he would race his car on the street and the cops would actually block off traffic but for people like you we now have cops arresting people for spitting on the sidewalk. You have no right to lecture anybody about thier youth while you are claiming to have gone faster than anybody alive and live more dangerously when they where young then anybody. You also say that you have raced cars and gone a hell of alot faster than any of us ever will how do you know. I am 19 years old and I have owned alot of things I can go out tomorrow and by me a car that will go 150mph in the 1/4 mile. So don't go of thinking you are the fastest man alive. I also have a 1976 Duster that will do 110 in the 1/4 and it is pretty much stock. But let me guess you probably race top fuel dragsters right? I guess I should be expecting you at the next craftsmen drag series ay?

Quick Reply: Does you Cat spend a lot of time in the Garage? How does it compare?