Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

whats yur worst crash ever...?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats yur worst crash ever...?

couple years ago had my 02 500i and i was gonna go chase the cattle in well i went out behind the shed hit the brakes so i could go around the corner doing about 40 so i applied them in plenty time so i could take the corner nice and slow well my brakes just locked up on me and my tires hooked a rut about 2 inches high and i went over the handlebars. before the atv landed right on me i jumped straight out and to the left but the fourwheeler came down on top of my leg and bent it at the knee so it was facing up towards my head luckily no broken bones but bent both racks and handlebars and a bunch of other things luckily where the atv landed on me was on the seat and there was a lil space there so it didn't break my leg but i hobbled around for about 2 weeks guess i was just lucky the atv can be and was fixed very easily

Old 01-31-2005, 12:00 AM
Range Rover

i was doing donuts on my polaris and the awd kicked in and it flipped and landed on top of me. i was trapped underneath, but luckily it was next to my house and my brother was outside!

Old 02-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Trailblazer

My first marriage ;-)

I wrecked on my Cr250R was riding in mud and swamp area with about 25 other guys/gals. I was cooking in 3rd and hit a dry patch...power band kicked up and I went airborn! Landed on my right shoulder broke my finger moved my right side ribs into my spleen, lungs and such. Bike was fine! I got real lucky because know one saw me go down and I was knocked out...could been face down in water or mud (yikes). I also dislocated my jaw in a seperate crash with same bike....helmets always wear your helmets![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

That was when I traded for an Arctic Cat! NO crashes as of yet on any AC quads I have owned.

Old 02-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Range Rover

two crashes in one day. was riding in adena ohio at rumble on the ridge with a bunch of guys. It had rained that day but cleared up when we got there so that the top clay part of the trails were completely slick but still hard. Alot of technical trails so when we hit an open stretch we gunned em to get some speed. Well i was coming out of the woods on a slight left hander over the top of the hill when i see a switchback on the bottom, plus it was off cambered. So i tap the brakes to slow down, but they just locked up on the clay, i let off and drifted over onto the grass to get some traction but my left front wheel fell into a rut and it turned immediately to the right. The back of the quad rode up and i started going forward, i threw my leg over the bars and got off fine but my quad was sitting there nose in the dirt. That same day after we finished the trails and wanted to get back to our trucks we had to cross a drainage canal. Going down was fine the going up it was about a 50 degree incline with a ton of ruts from where the water ran down. Crossed the bottom then hit it to get some momentum but my right side fell into a rut and the bike stood up on its right rear tire and came down on its back then rolled onto its side. I jumped right off when i felt it goin over, and i fell in the mud, had to scurry out of the way before it would have pinned my legs under the mud and water. I was fine except for pulling a muscle getting my leg over the bars, pulled the handle back into position then went off again.