Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

2004 400 Auto Engine Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 08:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 400 Auto Engine Problem

Originally posted by: 1st1at50
Bear I'm getting a little nervous reading allot of posts that arctic cat does not to stand behind their 2 yr warrenty. I get the feeling that you were either employed or once was employed by them you have a great deal of exp. w\Ac I just bought one and I'm getting a little nervous hearing how ac wants to back out of their obligation to support their warrenty. is that true?

Never worked for AC factory or a dealership. I have 2 Cats, a 2001 which I bought used and have had only two real problems and one was caused by the previous owner leaving a part out of the carb, I figured that one out, but it wasn't easy. The other was the shifter cable and I updated that to the new linkage system. Tore a couple of boots, but that's just bad luck. The 2005 had a nut either loose or left off of the Low/Hi/Rev linkage. Dealer fixed it for free. So I don't think the Cats have problems or I wouldn't have bought a new one in Nov. However I was in the customer service business for a lot of years and I know the signs of their problem as opposed to a customer caused problem. If a dealer is not worried about the customer deductible then that's usually a sign of then screwing something up. The dealer keeps that money. Guess what I'm saying is I was in the business for a long time and can read the signs pretty well. But all brands have problems, it's how they handle them that counts.

Old 02-17-2005, 09:35 PM
Trailblazer

Yea, your right about that. If the dealer cares then it don't matter what machine you bought, but if the dealer says it's not warrantied you have to think is it the dealer or the Manufactuer esp if it isn't the owners fault.

Old 02-18-2005, 12:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

The dealer in my area that I go to has a bad rap with alot of people. The only people they dont like are the ones that complain and bitch about prices. Also CASH TALKS !!!!!! I buy a new sled ever 2 years on average. I walk in the spring and snow check my sled and in the fall walk in and put the money on the counter in $100 bills. Once I get a new sled I buy the maching suit, helmet and all the newest add-on for my snowmobiles through my dealer. Im not rich by any means being single but I do like nice stuff that is dependable. I seem to notice with my dealer that they can be rude to you but once you buy a new sled or atv they will bow down to you. I dont dare say the name of the dealer at this time or thier mechanic.