Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

H1 Arctic Cat’s Nail In The Coffin?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 01:14 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H1 Arctic Cat’s Nail In The Coffin?

hmmmm... gee. thanks for pointing this out.
America is often used a nickname for usa. Bush uses it. Kerry/Edwards bumper stickers said "a stronger america" (I dont think they were talking about columbia or peru.)

Old 03-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

"Indeed, I suppose it is more likely the the moon crashing into the ocean"

I don’t think that is true

I have tour BMW Toyota. Honda Nissan plants in the States. Yes these assemblies factories are great for the local area. Unfortunately political tokens ………… But that is the way it is

Shonk

Old 03-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: swissalps
hmmmm... gee. thanks for pointing this out.
America is often used a nickname for usa. Bush uses it. Kerry/Edwards bumper stickers said "a stronger america" (I dont think they were talking about columbia or peru.)
Ok now we are letting politicians dictate what is correct and what isn't. Again the Americas are this whole hemisphere. The term United States of America refers to the "United States" of (meaning being part of, belong to, located in) "America. Be correct not politiclly correct.

Old 03-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Honda and Toyota have more than "token" plants in the US. They have a significant number of them, as does Nissan. They produce a huge number of cars and trucks.

You can thank GM for Toyota investing so much in the US. Toyota didn't believe American workers could produce quality cars until the joint NUMMI plant in California. Ever since that venture became successful, Toyota has been on the march building plants around the US. Also, with these factories has bloomed a huge industry of suppliers, many of which are American owned and not just Japanese transplants. Some are major traditional suppliers, like Dana, which makes axles for the Nissan Titan, Armada, and new Pathfinder vehicles. All of which, by the way, are produced in the US.

It is truly a global economy, but American workers can compete, within a well-run company.

Old 03-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Trailblazer

I'm reading all this and unfortunately I do no keep up with stocks or company profiles except for the one I work for. However, I just spent allot of cash on an AC and would hate to think in the near future it would not be supported by the Mfg. or dealer because of some freakin collapse, transition or the like. If I knew how to do this I would send this thread to AC and get their G..D... opinion. I'm ticked off reading this and and now thinking when I sell my Valk. it will be anything but AC that I purchase next
1st

Old 03-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1st1at50
I'm reading all this and unfortunately I do no keep up with stocks or company profiles except for the one I work for. However, I just spent allot of cash on an AC and would hate to think in the near future it would not be supported by the Mfg. or dealer because of some freakin collapse, transition or the like. If I knew how to do this I would send this thread to AC and get their G..D... opinion. I'm ticked off reading this and and now thinking when I sell my Valk. it will be anything but AC that I purchase next
1st
Relax, all of the above is rumor, guesses and lies cause nobody knows for sure what's gonna happen, but there are no real indicators that AC is in trouble. I don't believe any of the above make their living buying up compnies in trouble so probably haven't a clue.

Old 03-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Trailblazer

Bear
is all this because their trying to develop their own engine? The H1? How long has it been in R&D? Don't they make their own engine for snowmobiles?
1st

Old 03-22-2005, 10:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

As far as I know the engine has been in R&D for less than 2 years, but I wasn't paying attention early on. But I doubt they are in any real trouble. These jokers are just blowing smoke because they are under the impression that in makes them look smart, NOT. I know even less about their snow machines. So I won't do like the above posts have been doing, talk about what I haven't a clue about.

Old 03-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Bear4570
As far as I know the engine has been in R&D for less than 2 years, but I wasn't paying attention early on. But I doubt they are in any real trouble. These jokers are just blowing smoke because they are under the impression that in makes them look smart, NOT. I know even less about their snow machines. So I won't do like the above posts have been doing, talk about what I haven't a clue about.
Well I really like my TRV but I think I will lay low before the next buy just to see what's going on. I never buy serial #1 anyway because there's always revisions and that's always for a reason. Do you know what the cc size is for the H1? It would be informative to AC to see this entire thread and see what they have to say.
1st

Old 03-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, AC doesnt make thier sled engines either. Those too are suzuki sourced, at all of them that I've seen.

Quick Reply: H1 Arctic Cat’s Nail In The Coffin?