Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

H1 Arctic Cat’s Nail In The Coffin?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H1 Arctic Cat’s Nail In The Coffin?

ARCTIC CAT IS NOT IN TROUBLE sheesh where do you people get your info from???? i know times are tough in the snowmobile industry i talked to a polaris employee up at the bar last weekend and she works on the snow line and she said she is looking at being laid off alot this year as i am sure they will be at arctic cat to. alot of people don't know this but all the employee's at arctic cat are usually indulging in about a 3 month layoff every year. their atv market continues to grow and once the H1 is released it will go over big specially with the hardcore arctic cat enthusiests specially if this thing does produce more bottom end then the V2 like they said it will.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

I get my best info from bimbos at the bar.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
SHonk

Old 03-23-2005, 12:01 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: maddog56
No, AC doesnt make thier sled engines either. Those too are suzuki sourced, at all of them that I've seen.
and their watercraft engines when they made them. I have an 1100 Suzuki in mine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2005, 12:26 AM
Trailblazer

Unfortunately political tokens ………… But that is the way it is

I have been debating for some time about whether to waste the time and reply to this discussion topic of not. The topics now are certainly not about atving or AC anymore, yet because some others have kept weighing in, I might as well too. And I said before and some people dont seem to understand, AC % market share is something they have to work at to keep or grow. I bought an AC last fall and think it was a pretty easy decision, among a number of great rides. For now, I dont even see how people think they are in trouble.

That said, who's to say what the situation will be in 10 or 20 years - but that is life. Further, who's to say if more states do what colorado did, (ie, lower the ATV weight to a stupidly low weight - making most atvs OHV) there will be other things to worry about, as I just read on another forum page last weekend. I digress.

Anyway, Shonk, as someone pointed out and I will add to, they are not TOKENS, and I dont know where you are getting your information, but for a moment forget asia, turn to germany, why would a country with about 11.5% unemployment build the M-class factory in the southern part
usa; I will refrain from calling it america since that confuses some folks (it is in alabama as I recall)? Because Helmut and Uli (fake names for a little fun) want those folks to have more jobs as opposed to germans or perhaps some folks in eastern europe??? Suffice it to say, for mercedes, that DOES sell a lot of vehicles here, it probably made sense to invest in a factory, here, for many reasons.

Additionally, for what is might be worth, I am an American, meaning, I live in a country called America (for short) or the United States of America (for long).
I verbally declared my citizenship to be 'american' last time I came back from mexico to AZ on foot, just a few months ago, and I was told to procede. All seems okay.

"American made" does not even come close to meaning something could be made in Brazil or whatever IN this context, just because there are two CONTINENTS that happen to have the word America in them. I am refering to north america and south america; continents are most useful for talking about the earth and not so much political boundries and the earth's people. For example, saying a person lives in or is from europe is like telling someone you have a red car,,, it really doesnt tell them a whole lot. The word 'plane' is used to describe many things: flying vehicles, a carpenters tool, or something flat.

If you have ever met people from canada, they call themselves canadian, not 'americans' oh... we are 'americans from canada.' Brazilians call themselves Brazilians. ETC.

And while I am not very PC, if this isnt enough for you, the relatively more recent terms like 'african american' or 'asian american' are not 'african united state-er' or 'asian united state-er'

Where to stop..... I'm done!!

Happy riding everyone, spring is coming!

Old 03-23-2005, 12:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

swissalps; I've met more Canadians the you will ever meet, see as I've been there more times than I can remember. Regardless of what they call themselves, the western hemisphere is the Americas and saying you are an American, when you mean a US citizen is incorrect. At the border when you cross back into the USA legally they ask your citizenship and American is not usually accepted. The correct answer is US or USA. By the way according to the rules of grammer you are wrong.

Old 03-23-2005, 01:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Screw grammar, screw being PC. American Made should refer to products made and assembled in the US. Japanese vehicles assembled in the US should be tagged as Assembled in, and not made in. To be honest, its getting to the point where most products are only "assembled in" the US. Polaris and AC use engines from Japan and most cars and trucks have more Japanese parts than one would believe. I used to own an old chevy s-10, the powertrain was from Mitsubishi...

Polaris is as good as it gets as far as american made, since many (certainly not all) of the engines are made here. AC gets credit for only using engines and for designing their own (H1). Something created in any way shape or form in Brazil or Canada, Chile or Greenland, or anywhere else in North, Central, or South America is not "American Made" unless its built in the US from US components.

Old 03-23-2005, 01:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Screw grammar, screw being PC. American Made should refer to products made and assembled in the US. Japanese vehicles assembled in the US should be tagged as Assembled in, and not made in. To be honest, its getting to the point where most products are only "assembled in" the US. Polaris and AC use engines from Japan and most cars and trucks have more Japanese parts than one would believe. I used to own an old chevy s-10, the powertrain was from Mitsubishi...

Polaris is as good as it gets as far as american made, since many (certainly not all) of the engines are made here. AC gets credit for only using engines and for designing their own (H1). Something created in any way shape or form in Brazil or Canada, Chile or Greenland, or anywhere else in North, Central, or South America is not "American Made" unless its built in the US from US components.
American made is just bull **** and you know it. Rather that do it right, or say it the right way; you would rather dumb down this country. Well up yours, you are part of the problem and not part of the solution.,

Old 03-23-2005, 03:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bear4570
American made is just bull **** and you know it. Rather that do it right, or say it the right way; you would rather dumb down this country. Well up yours, you are part of the problem and not part of the solution.,
Why is American Made bull? Cant products be made and assembled in this country? Do or say what right? And how do I "dumb up" this country by saying that American made should be made in America? If its not made in America fine, just dont tell us it is when its thrown together in Central American from Asian components. And I'm sorry if you dont like it that AC isnt an all inclusive company; using Suzuki engines doesn't make the company bad in any way, infact it probably makes them better. I dont know what the hell your problem is or what "problem" you are referring to, but I think you should calm down and take a few deep breaths.

Old 03-23-2005, 03:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bear4570
Why is American Made bull? Cant products be made and assembled in this country? Do or say what right? And how do I "dumb up" this country by saying that American made should be made in America? If its not made in America fine, just dont tell us it is when its thrown together in Central American from Asian components. And I'm sorry if you dont like it that AC isnt an all inclusive company; using Suzuki engines doesn't make the company bad in any way, infact it probably makes them better. I dont know what the hell your problem is or what "problem" you are referring to, but I think you should watch your mouth.

Because American Made is not correct. This country is called the "United States" OF "America". Look up the definition of "OF". The phrase means the United States is part of America. It isn't the America, the only one. Why do you insist on ignoring the facts in favor of a idea that is not only wrong but illogical. Or is it because you never understood what they tried to teach you in basic english in school. Citing a politian as a source for being factual is about as far from logical thinking there is. So American Made(not factual) is the not the same as US or USA Made or better yet, Made in the USA. This country is not the the only America, regardless of what those people call themselves. It is however the only United States of America, or more correctly the United States of North America, but since there is no United States of Central or South America, then it is correct to shorten it to the United States of America. And don't ever get the idea this country isn't important to me. I served over 8 years in the military and I am a disabled vet. So I probably have more invested in this country that the majority do.

Old 03-23-2005, 04:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I never quoted any politician in my post. I never claimed that you didnt have respect or love for this country. You want respect for being a vet, thats fine you deserve it. But it doesnt have a damn thing to do with my post. So do you mind getting back to what you didnt like about what I said, instead of whatever pops into your head at the time?

If you want to get all hung up on symantics thats fine, but dont turn this into some kind of holy crusade. When someone says they are immigrating to America, they sure as hell dont mean Belize or Honduras. Remember Eddie Murphy in "Coming to America"? The African Prince came to this country, not Greenland. The continent is and can be referred to as "The Americas" but when society sees "Made in America" its usually percieved as made in the US of A and not somewhere else on the continent. When its made in Canada, its says "Made in Canada", not "Made in Northern America". You are getting textbook geography mixed up with business, global economics, and society's perceptions. Textbook geography has its place, in the classroom and in society but the national views arent going to change because you have yourself all hung up on a technicality. And btw the subject is Geography, not English. English is the language, literature and resulting culture, not what we call the rock we stand on.

Quick Reply: H1 Arctic Cat’s Nail In The Coffin?