Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

broken belt, clutch kit & spring

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005 | 05:55 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default broken belt, clutch kit & spring

went ridi'n today and got my ride cut short do to broken belt 1- how easy is it to replace, i took it to the dealer and he said somthing about "special tool" so i left it with him but next time i'm gonna do it,
2- will a clutch kit and spring maybe help with belt not slipping and what kind would you recomend
3- heard you can get belts alot cheaper than dealer at auto stores. kevalar belts at that. any help would be great

was ridding with 15 honda's today and last sun. the arctic cat was putting them to shame. some much for the belt

Old 03-27-2005 | 05:38 PM
|
Trailblazer

hello, anybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-27-2005 | 07:59 PM
Al1
Trailblazer

The black secondary spring from epi erlandson will help with slippage and extend belt life ,you can make the tool to compress the spring try this site (atvdnsalias.com)click on tech tips to get the info even try the prairie tech tips they are the same cvt .The belt is very easy to change all the info you will need will be there.

Old 03-27-2005 | 08:03 PM
Range Rover

hey man, do a search and you can find all kinds of info on your problem!
I got a dalton clutch spring kit for mine it helped a bunch! just go to daltons website they can get you a vender and set you up! EPI is also popular!
also Dayco makes a belt but check around I do not know if it is as good as the kawi belt!
Also go to NYROCs website there you can find a printable form that explains how to change belts and it even tells you how to make the "special tools" you have to have. NYROC is mainly about prairies but they are the same. once again just do a search for NYROC atv on a search engine it will get you there!
hope this helps
oh yeah go to arcticchat.com they are all AC and love to talk about it, tons of info!

Old 03-27-2005 | 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

Check on that site to set your belt deflection as well,a loose belt will slip no matter what springs you have.Check out Daltons web site,they have good springs as well.
The only belt that I would recomend is the Brute Force belt,the Dayco 2017 isn't very good some people can't get them to work at all.If you can you have to take all the shims out which is what I am running now.Don't like it,isn't hooking up worth a damn in high,getting a BF belt soon,hopefully before this one blows.

www.arcticchat.com is THE place for A/C questions

Old 03-27-2005 | 09:58 PM
|
Trailblazer

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

CAN I GET BUY WITH JUST SPINGS OR SHOULD I ALSO PUT IN A CLUTCH KIT?

Old 03-27-2005 | 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

Just get the springs,I have heard some people claim no difference with the weights,at least no noticable difference.Save your money,shim your belt and add a spring or two.

Old 03-28-2005 | 08:52 PM
|
Trailblazer

how do you know witch springs to use? sorry to keep sounding like a dumbass but this mod stuff is new to me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2005 | 11:25 PM
Range Rover

Yes it is confusing! I just called a Dalton rep and told them what I had and what I was going to do with it and he told me what I needed! I put a Dalton pro spring kit it does fine. I like it a lot. If I can find the number I will post it for you it cost like 60bucks, well worth it. It makes the belt engage a little harder, but not much and I have not slipped a belt since the dalton kit. That makes it all worth it.

Old 03-29-2005 | 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

i went with the EPI black secondary and pink primary and took the larger of the two shims out and it seems to be pretty close was thinking bout pulling the .08mm shim out and gettting a .06mm and putting in to get it just a smidgin tighter. but it did make a night and day difference though once again THANK YOU KAWASAKI FOR SENDING US YOUR CRAP ok sorry still a lil hostile towards kawasaki other then that i love my lil 650 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] AND YOUR TRANSMISSIONS SUCK TO ok thats all

Quick Reply: broken belt, clutch kit & spring