Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

One more time

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One more time

Does anyone know of important or critical changes from the 05 trv and the 06trv 500.
The dealer has an 05 in stock(red) and a (lime green) new 06 in a week. It seems as though the 06 has more dealer options. PLease help me if you have knowledge. Thanks. Jeff

Old 11-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default One more time

i think just different speedo and front shocks,1 gallon bigger gas tank in 06. the 05 has 8.6 in of suspension travel and the 06 has 8.0 in. of travel. the 06 weighs 10lbs more (742lb)

arcticcat.com

Old 11-25-2005, 06:49 PM
Trailblazer
Default One more time

Thanks Hoopie, I don't think I will pay 700 dollars for different speedo, front shocks and 1 gallon larger tank. Unless those shocks are exceptional. I do like the Lime green color, though. Thanks for you input. Jeff

Old 11-25-2005, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default One more time

I beleive its a little stiffer shock on the 06 (thats why its less travel) but you can adjust the settings on the 05 for your preference. Most people end up going up two notches (stiffen) up front to help with the stearing. Again all preference and different depending on rider, terain, and tires. I would save the 700 bucks and go get some good after market tires with that money. You will need them because the stock ones suck.

My opionion only but mudlight xtr's seems like the way to go or bighorns. PM me if you want info on where to get tires for cheap. I am not a seller, just trying to help!

Old 11-26-2005, 01:20 AM
Trailblazer
Default One more time

Thanks again Hoopie. I think your info is the way to go. Will the mudlites work ok in desert areas? Jeff

Old 11-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default One more time

Here is a review of the mud lite xtrs. dont confuse mud lites with mud lites xtr's. big difference in tires.
Also one of the review is a 27in tire and another a 26. I wouldnt go over a 26in tire because the weight of the tires start getting heavy and it puts more added preasure on the axles. Stay with a 25 in or 26in tire.

http://www.itptires.com/pdfs/xtrkitdirtwheels.pdf
http://www.itptires.com/pdfs/XTRC14mud.pdf
http://www.itptires.com/pdfs/MudLiteXTRKitQuad.pdf

these are reviews of magazines posted on itps site.

The maxis bighorns are suppose to real nice also. so try doing a search on those as well. I dont have any experiance with them to say though.

Old 11-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Trailblazer
Default One more time

Thankyou again, Hoopie.
I have been reading about mud lites xtr(radials) and I believe that is the way to go.
Sorry I was sloooo returning your line. I worked all weekend.
A lot of different posts say what you said, Lose the stock tires! Absolute junk was another. Should I see if my dealer will remove the stock tires before I take possession? I can't see buying an extra set of wheels.
I noticed that the 05 front and rear suspension was very stiff compared to the non two up models. Do you suppose this will soften after some miles. I worry that the machine would be too stiff for riding single. I realize the two up model must be sprung stiffer. I checked an 800 Bomb and its suspension was not as firm as the Cats. Thanks again for your info!!! Jeff

Old 11-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default One more time

Suspensions always soften up as you ride them so I wouldnt worry about that to much. It may of not been on the lowest setting either. I doubt your dealer will remove the stock tires for you to reduce your cost since they have to pay for them. They will mount a new set on for you but be willing to pay more than you could by doing it your self.

Your welcome. any time.

Old 12-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Trailblazer
Default One more time

Originally posted by: Hoopie
Suspensions always soften up as you ride them so I wouldnt worry about that to much. It may of not been on the lowest setting either. I doubt your dealer will remove the stock tires for you to reduce your cost since they have to pay for them. They will mount a new set on for you but be willing to pay more than you could by doing it your self.

Your welcome. any time.
It's a new bike........brand new, c'mon guys. You gotta work the dealer a bit. Best off putting new tires on before taking delivery. Remember your shelling out thousands of dollars for it. If it's a good dealer(hard to find) and they want your business, tell them to at LEAST put the tires on for free. By the way, the stock tires cost more then a good set of mud tires (ie: mudlites).