Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

The Minnesota riding & hunting thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The Minnesota riding & hunting thread

well bo bo bear ,they are dumb city folk that think every thing should be paved be cause they can't understand why anybody would want to ride on rough ground .

Old 12-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get together in Minnesota??

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: smooth1

i have a cabin in Palisade, well just west of Palisade. tons of great riding there.</end quote></div>

Hey smooth1, i go to palisade every year in April when the trails open. We camp right in that area by the old bridge. Its a long boring trail, especially if its rainy or cool, but the pits and the off trails are fun!

Old 12-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default Get together in Minnesota??

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: v2rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: smooth1

i have a cabin in Palisade, well just west of Palisade. tons of great riding there.</end quote></div>

Hey smooth1, i go to palisade every year in April when the trails open. We camp right in that area by the old bridge. Its a long boring trail, especially if its rainy or cool, but the pits and the off trails are fun!</end quote></div>

i am usually up there every other weekend, summer and winter, we should get together i could show you some great trails thru the woods. were about 2 miles west of 169 off county road 3. if your going north on 169 you go east to Palisade west to my cabin.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds like a plan! 2 years ago, me and my buddy were riding, and what we thought was a trail, ended up a snowmobile trail. Well, the water got deeper and deeper, until we found ourselves riding directly into a river! Pretty scary, we had to have our wheelers locked in 4x4 diff locked and PINNED the entire ride to get through the crap. It was marshy, and wet, and some ice flats that would break loose.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Trailblazer

if you were west of 169 i think i know the trail you were on, let me know this spring when your going up, i will try to be up as well, or at least get you a map.
of the area.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

We actually head east off of 169 to Palisade, and head down a gravel to town. There is an old RR bridge, i believe is what it is, that we camp next to. Its an actual campground right in town almost. If we head down the straight LONG trail for a few miles, there are LARGE gravel pits on the right side of the trail (soo pits?) that we mess around in.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider

i camped at that camp ground over memorial weekend next to the r.r. bridge, nice small camp ground but the soo line gets to dusty if theres no rain, we headed west on the soo line and about 5 miles west of palisade we found alot of mud and water just right of the trail that leads to a lake. We go to spider lake alot more now, go 1x and your hooked lol. We plan on looking for more trails this spring and summer further north

Old 12-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

hey v2 you sound like me, we got about 15 inches of snow here about the same as catterman and i finally got to use the v2 to plow for the first time. it cleaned my yard out like a champ. yesterday when i was pushing snow even rolled up onto my rack and it kept pushing. i am very impressed with it and well it sounds like this spring i might get to buy a new wheeler [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] now the next thing on the list is to sell the snowcat. and where is palisade?

Old 12-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

BooBoobear, Spider Lake is like my second home. Ive been going there for about 18 years, many time a year riding and hunting. it never gets boring.

Weez, Palisade is a small town straight north of lake Milacs. And i have been having a blast plowing!

Old 12-09-2007, 12:15 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

weez you have been saying you are getting a new wheeler for the past two years! Man up and do it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: The Minnesota riding & hunting thread