Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

The Minnesota riding & hunting thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Minnesota riding & hunting & sawzall thread

Snow????? Whats snow???? no snow here in Colorado. Actually im kinda jealous. I will just have to ride up the mountainside instead. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by weez440: i got my 600 i will sell ya [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] lol and if you can make it up one weekend in august dee we can plan our atv trip around your plans to, cause we haven't talked about august yet. and there is soooo damn much snow up here now my mom hit the ditch with my truck [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] i been seeing ppl in the ditch everywhere.

Sorry, but in August I may have major trip.....I'll tell you about it if / when I get it all confirmed.

I hope your truck is OK?

Old 02-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

yeah my truck is ok and more importantly my mom is. she just couldn't see the end of the driveway and went right in. lol it is wide enough to get semi's in and out but she drives off it. then the next morning she buried her car about 20 feet away from where she hit the ditch. you know what they say about women drivers. if something would have happened to my truck though i would have been extremely P.O ed

Old 02-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my 17 year old son went out to the parents place and started my antique artic cat 1974 Pantera 340 ,needs new gas though

Old 02-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider

OK; it's official. I am making the announcement now as I just received final permission from my wife. In August I am making a once-in-a-lifetime African Safari. I will be hunting plains game in Namibia. This is not my first time to the mother land, but it will be my first hunting safari. Any and all suggestions from anyone that has done this before would be appreciated.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

i know a guy that went out there and he said it was the best time of his life. i guess where he went they bought all the guns and bonoculars and all that stuff new before going cause they sold it all when they were out there. and also be careful who you have over there do your head mounts cause they had a real hard time getting theirs back. and i am jeleous [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] but happy for you.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Thanx weez. I have done some research on the outfit I am going with, and even have a friend that has already hunted with them. I belong to SCI (Safari Club International) in Orange County, Ca. so I know a lot of people that have gone on these trips. I have already been told by the outfitter it could take as long as 18 months to get the mounts in my house. Not sure if it is legal to sell firearms over there anymore, but that is an option.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

i don't think they sold the guns but the natives were more then eager i guess to buy their hunting clothes and optics scopes stuff like that. i guess they gave them top dollar for everything as well. and you should bring me with [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i think i could take them down with the ole 7mm short mag.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider

You are welcome to join me, but the cost is kinda steep.... that's why it's "once-in-a-life-time" for me.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

i would love to, but looks like the paperwork might FINALLY go through for the house i am trying to buy. and i only been working on it for 3 1/2 months. why is it so much crap to go through to buy a house? my buddy just started moving into the one he got and he was dealing on his for 5 months before everything got done and both of us were approved right away for the money. anyways maybe in about 20 years when i pay it off [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: The Minnesota riding & hunting thread