Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

New Cat? maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Cat? maybe?

Well im going to buy a new quad come january, and I am wondering what to buy. I really like the way the arctic cats look. Are there looks as good as there motor. How is efi? I am un-sure of that on an atv. I was thinking of either buying a kingquad or a 700 artic cat. I well use it for trail riding some mud holes, driving threw 10 inchs of snow and hunting. When you engage the 4x4 on a 700 will it not let ya give it full throttle? does it have diff lock? then will it let u give it full throttle? how quick are they? Does anyone with a 700 cat have a messenger and wouldnt mind me asking them questions?

Old 09-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Default New Cat? maybe?

Welcome!

If you are going to do mainly trail riding the the KQ is the better choice. However the AC has more ground clearance (great for going through snow), better suspension travel, can have attachments that fit right to your rack, has bigger racks to haul your game/items, and a 2" receiver.

YOu can go full throttle while in 4x4, you can even shift on the fly

Yes it has diff lock

AC says not to go over 10mph in diff lock, but you can still go full throttle, turning is just impossible though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

They go about 70 for top speed.

Good luck! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-07-2006, 12:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default New Cat? maybe?

hey ride a polaris an youwill never ride any think else they are #1 american made i had asportsman 335 6years old had 6.500 miles on it still ran like a new one i trade it for outlaw its the best wood quard made ever

Old 09-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Cat? maybe?

I love my polaris but your right the AC's look cool as hell. My brother in law has a king and seems to like it. I will say honestly you won't find a better ride than polaris. I'd like to own an AC for looks alone but I know they don't ride as nice. I use mine 1/2 work 1/2 play and I know for working nothing is going to beat my polaris. I'd suggest going and riding the ones you narrow it down to and buy from the dealer you like the most and the quad that fits you best.

Old 09-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Got Milk!
Default New Cat? maybe?

This guy is looking for advice on a Arctic Cat vs King Quad, where did you read he was ever interested in a Polaris?

I have nothing against a Polairs minde you - I used to ride them all the time - But now I found Arctic Cat. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

As far as "for working nothing is going to beat my polaris" I actually switched because Arctic Cat was a better worker for me. THere is no sway bar so I have better articulation, the racks on the Polaris's are plastic and a bad joke - can't beat the MRP attachements, I have a 2" receiver hitch - not a useless 1 1/4" one, and most importantly I can control when my ATV is in 4x4 and when it isn't. I need all wheel engine braking when going down hills. So to me, for working nothing is going to beat my Arctic Cat.

Don't take this as bashing, Polaris makes a good ATV, just not the one for me anymore.

Old 09-08-2006, 09:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Cat? maybe?

polaris may make a good machine, but nothing is as good as arctic cat. arctic cat is more durable, has more ground clearance, more suspendion travel, more rack room and arctic cat is by far the most comfortable ride i have ever ridden, and guess what, ive ridden pretty much everything. my inlaws have 2 brand new polaris ATVs, they trade in every year so theyre always new, and theyre always years behind arctic cat in pretty much every aspect. im not here to bash polaris either, just lay the truth out for you to be smart (believe me and switch) or be ignorant to the truth and do whatever it is that you do and post something snotty. carry on.

Old 09-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default New Cat? maybe?

I gave an opinion on both the AC and KQ. And I believe he said he was thinking about AC and KQ. If you don't like opinions catterman.............tough crap. It's people like you that make this site a non informative one. Have a nice day catterman.
To the original poster keep an open mind and don't be brand loyal, every manufacturer makes a model that excels in a certain area above the rest. A friend of mine is extremely brand loyal to Honda so he upgraded from a foreman to a Rincon and absolutely hates it. HA HA HA HA I told him so.

Old 09-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default New Cat? maybe?

Good points on which way to go. I had narrowed my choice of new ATV to the X2 and the TRV. Wanted a machine to do a little bit of everything. AC just had too many plusses (2 inch hitch, selectable 4x4 - some Pol. guys said that when plowing the constant in and out of full 4 x 4 whenever a wheel slipped was annoying and like you said, the rack system and clearance. Not to mention the "cool" factor. I do know that the Pol. are about as reliable as the day is long, I hope the AC is the same in that dept. Will see how it all shakes out in about a week when I pick mine up.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Got Milk!
Default New Cat? maybe?

Originally posted by: zorro700
If you don't like opinions catterman.............tough crap. It's people like you that make this site a non informative one. Have a nice day catterman.
Hey man, take a chill pill. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I can't believe you said "It's people like you that make this site a non informative one", you will have to point out to me what I said that was mis-information or untrue. I think a lot of people find my post informative and/or entertaining [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And thank you, I will have a nice day. You do the same and enjoy the weekend.

Old 09-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Cat? maybe?

Originally posted by: zorro700
It's people like you that make this site a non informative one.
Wow. You are obviously completely oblivious to Catterman's contributions around here.

I happen to agree with you on the ride, I think Polaris offers the most cofortable ride around. I know what they use in their seats, but it feels like they fill each one with a little slice of heaven. That being said, that is about all I have to say about Polaris, cuz my momma taught me to not say anything if you can't say nice things.

I LOVE my AC, but I also know that there are better working quads than what I have. My 650 pulls like hell, rides damn nice, and has awesome accessory features, but I know there are quads out there that are better in a single area. To anyone who thinks that their brand of quad is the super duper bestest ever at everything...wake up. Different quads are better at different things. (Most) People buy what machine fits their needs best, and hopefully not because someone told them BrandX is the best.