Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Heads Up!! Arctic Cat's with warranty "BEWARE"

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads Up!! Arctic Cat's with warranty "BEWARE"

i'm with chumley on this one. sounds like when they replaced the boot they didn't clean the cv joint up or anything. it probably have gravel in it and well it ultimately lead to a cv failure. i would call the mechanic a fricken idiot (i am using pg rated talk on here it would be more R rated in real life) and take your business elsewhere.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Heads Up!! Arctic Cat's with warranty "BEWARE

Believe me I will next time...I can't now though. They have already tore down the engine and are sending it to arctic cat [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]....which will probably be bad im sure. I think that when the cylinder had that groove in it, that when it spaced the piston rings that it also bent the rod. If the only thing that stupid mechanic did was replace the cylinder and the piston rings and didnt check the rod...that may be the problem. If it is, im not sure how to prove that he didnt check it though...because he will probably say that he did

Old 08-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Bear4570: What's to beware of? A warranty is for an "as produced" vehicle and if you modify it you are "out of warranty" not just on Arctic Cats, but any ATV, car, truck, etc. So this is something that is not only known if you ask, but common sense.

I agree. This is not just an AC thing, it is true for any product.

QUOTE FOR TODAY:

Ban Mining! Let the Bastards Freeze in the Dark

Old 08-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

What would happen if you went the other way, and put 23 or 24 in. tires on the machine that called for 25 in. tires so you would get better low end and handling. Would it affect the warranty or the clutch.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my kawie bf750, I have 27" ITP mud lites, ignition module and jet kit all of which was put on by the dealer. They confirmed with kawie that my 4 year extended warranty is still good as long as I don't go over 27" tires.

On my new polaris 800efi X2 DLX, I had the dealer add 27" ITP mudlite XTR's. They confirmed with polaris before doing this that my 5 year extended warranty is still good as long as the tires don't go over 27". I even have both of these in writing when I purchased both quads.

I would think that AC as well as other would be the same as long as the dealer has done the work. Just my experience.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

I don't believe warranties can be "voided" at all. Certain damages caused by aftermarket parts can cause certain things not to be covered under the warranty, but it absolutely cannot void the warranty on the whole machine. If your dealer tells you that, get a new dealer.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Under the warranty program I have had to replace a faulty fuel sensor and repair a loose connection on the front drive shaft. I have been happy with the warranty service I have received. Not anymore.

An engine seal malfunction caused oil to leak into the belt housing resulting in a catastrophic failure of the clutch causing the V-belt to slip off the driven clutch and consequently was torn apart. I immediately took the ATV in for repair, confident that the Warranty would cover the majority of the repairs and parts. To my shock and dismay, I learned that the most expensive part, the V-Belt, was not covered! The Cornerstone Cat Care Program adjusters determined that the V-Belt is not a serviceable component and therefore not covered. WHY!!! The catastrophic belt failure occurred because of the oil leak. If the seal had not failed, the belt would not have been destroyed. Therefore the belt should have been covered under warranty. In fact, in the operator's manual under Warranty Procedure/Owner Responsibility it states: "If a warrantable condition appears to exist, the dealer will repair or replace, at Arctic Cat's option, free of charge, including any related labor costs, all parts that are found to be warrantable and any other parts which the warrantable part caused to be damaged." Furthermore, the Cat Care Warranty program states that "Coverage includes labor and replacement of fluids when required as part of a covered repair." Well, the warranty claim for this repair DID NOT COVER the replacement of the oil and oil filter even though all the oil had to be drained to change the engine seal. This resulted in an additional $35 that was added to my out-of-pocket expense.

Early in February 0f 2008 the V-Belt on the 2006 650 V-Twin suddenly failed leaving me stranded on a muddy road miles from my destination. At the time I only had 1300 miles on this machine which had been maintained according to the guidelines outlined in the owners manual. The belt failure broke several of the cooling fins off of the Stationary Sheave (Part# 3201-248). When I was informed of the damage I learned that the Warranty will not cover the cost of replacing this part and would cost me over $600! This would have resulted in a repair bill of over $1000. Only six weeks and less than 300 miles prior to the belt failure, I had taken the 650 in to have the belt checked and adjusted by the dealer from which I purchased it. The belt did show signs of some wear but I was told that the belt had plenty of life and that I did not need to replace it at that time. I am not an aggressive rider, I don't race, regularly climb steep hills, or try rock crawling. I have kept the transmission in Low for the majority of the time and I am always in Low when riding trails.

If I am unable to get the V-Belt, Stationary Sheave, and other items covered under warranty, my attitude towards Arctic Cat will have soured considerably.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Trailblazer

If arctic cat sells it or offers it for sale in their catalog they cannot viod your warranty, they are tring to that with me on my cracked frame because I had 26"589s on my bike and the dealer stood up and said no way. but see my post under cracked frames here