Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

700 EFI NEW MEMBER(axles)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 11:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700 EFI NEW MEMBER(axles)

does anyone else have problems with axles breaking?? every ARCTIC CAT i have ever owned, has had a problem with twisting, seperating, warping, my last 04 ARCTIC CAT 400 4X4 manual shift, that i had broke 4 axles, know i have a 06 ARCTIC CAT 700 EFI 4X4 auto, and it has already seperated one front axle, one week after i bought it, i know i ride hard but come on, anybody else think ARCTIC CAT axles are a little too weak for the power these beasts put out???please let me know

Old 10-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: deepNmudd69
does anyone else have problems with axles breaking?? every ARCTIC CAT i have ever owned, has had a problem with twisting, seperating, warping, my last 04 ARCTIC CAT 400 4X4 manual shift, that i had broke 4 axles, know i have a 06 ARCTIC CAT 700 EFI 4X4 auto, and it has already seperated one front axle, one week after i bought it, i know i ride hard but come on, anybody else think ARCTIC CAT axles are a little too weak for the power these beasts put out???please let me know
Sorry dude I'm having a hard time with this complaint. I have seen AC's being used as demolition *****, drop from several stories, jump down hundred foot cliffs. Only to be driven off unscathed.

Shonk

Old 10-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

well, i ride with the dealer who sold me the atv's and he has seen how i ride them, he has had alot of trouble out of the 650 H1, breaking axles, i just want to know if i am going to have the same problem with this one as i did the last one??

Old 10-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

IV broken one axel lost four or five bolts two headlight bulbs one brake line and caliper . My 05 rincon fell apart just as fast . the ac is allergic to water . I think the axels are way to thin for the weight of the cat but so are the brut forces more power but lighter . My axel in my cat was said to be a metal issue thats why it broke says the dealer any way. i do regret not buying the brute they say the cat will go through more mud that a brute (bull) my cousin brute will clean the big fat kitty. Dang thing just sinks he laugh how much i get stuck .

Old 10-15-2006, 11:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

now i will give you that the brutes are tough, but 3 months ago i was in a local mud bog, and i out did one on a 04 400 4x4 CAT, and my buddies 650 H1 , walked off and left both of us, its not the bike its rider and the bike,!!!

Old 10-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Since AC upgraded the axles because of the V-2s breaking them, the only axle problems have been rider induced. Oversized tires is a great stress increaser.

Old 10-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

[ two headlight bulbs .
Here?s a trick for you wrap the bulbs' socket with TEFT plumbers tape. This will not only hold it in place but seals.

Shonk

BTW 99% of all breakage is due to driver abuse.

Old 10-15-2006, 08:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: doogymd
IV broken one axel lost four or five bolts two headlight bulbs one brake line and caliper . My 05 rincon fell apart just as fast . the ac is allergic to water . I think the axels are way to thin for the weight of the cat but so are the brut forces more power but lighter . My axel in my cat was said to be a metal issue thats why it broke says the dealer any way. i do regret not buying the brute they say the cat will go through more mud that a brute (bull) my cousin brute will clean the big fat kitty. Dang thing just sinks he laugh how much i get stuck .
An '04 400 doesn't have a locker so it isn't an apples to apple comparison. BTW, mud boggin'=abuse. I live in the NW and we have saltwater and a lot of freshwater and I've been seat deep plenty of times and no problems. Do you rinse the thing off asap?

Old 10-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

i didn't say V-2,, I said H1 650's,,when your slowly climbing a hill and your rear right axle breaks, it's not driver era,it's crappy parts!!!! and i never said i didn't drive them hard, but when a manuf. shows a commercial with a atv being slammed into a building, set down and ridin off, or a poster with the atv so covered in mud, you would think that,,,that atv was pretty darn tuff,,wouldn't you??

Old 10-16-2006, 01:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: deepNmudd69
i didn't say V-2,, I said H1 650's,,when your slowly climbing a hill and your rear right axle breaks, it's not driver era,it's crappy parts!!!! and i never said i didn't drive them hard, but when a manuf. shows a commercial with a atv being slammed into a building, set down and ridin off, or a poster with the atv so covered in mud, you would think that,,,that atv was pretty darn tuff,,wouldn't you??
You need to learn to read better and comprehend what is being said. If it's only you doing it to the axles, then it isn't the axles, it's something else wrong, either you or a bent frme or something. BTW, lugging a motor stress the the drive train barts big time. Web are telling you that since the axle up grades brought on by the V-2s breaking axles and frames. That this isn't a problem anymore, except for you. So it can't be a parts thing or others would be having the problem too. All H-1s have the newer, bigger axles. Infact all the 400 and up to the 700 use the same new style axles.

Quick Reply: 700 EFI NEW MEMBER(axles)