Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Thanks for All the Posts!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for All the Posts!!!!!

I have been looking at ATV's for a while now trying to decide which one to buy. I really like the artic cat, but most of my friends had other atv's. After reading all the posts on this site. I went with the AC 400 automatic. I love it. Took it out to my hunting club over the weekend and got to just ride some. It was great. It preformed just as everyone on this site said it would. I appreciate all the input people put into helping folks make a good decision for them. I am also new to this site and only found it when I was thinking about buying an ATV.

Again thanks,
Doug

Old 02-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Trailblazer

congrats on a great purchase [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

you will get much enjoyment out of your Cat, and welcome to the forums, I am pretty new here myself.
Lots of good reading and advice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Range Rover

congrats! I have an '06 400 and it's great. I think you'll be very pleased with your purchase. This has been said several times, but expect the engine to really wake up around 300-500 miles. Enjoy your new ride!

toe

Old 02-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forums Gabassindoug. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hope you enjoy the new ride.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

I keep hearing every say the motors really get stronger at about 300 miles. I was worried about the 400 not having alot of power but a friend has one and said it was very strong. I got to ride last night some and got on it a little bit. I have been trying to vary the speeds and not get on it to bad. It will fly now, cant imagine what it will be like at 300 miles. I got an 07 model, the final selling point was the 3 year warranty. Hope I wont need it but it is nice to know it is there.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Congrats! I have always loved the 400. It is amazing how much stronger the engine gets as the miles mount up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah, I was worried about the power with my bike after I first bought it too. I just had to take everyone's word for it, that it would eventually wake up from it's slumber. Man, were they right! I wanted to believe there would be a difference, but never imagined how big a difference it would it would really be. The break-in means everything to these bikes.

Old 02-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Mudfriendly, did you or anyone else do anything special to break in the bike. I am varing the speeds and not getting on it hard for more than a few seconds at a time. the dealer also told me to change the oil after 100 miles. Does that sound about right.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah Gab, I changed mine about 100 miles or so after I bought it, to get that break-in oil out of it. That's pretty much what all manufacturers recommend. As far as breaking it in, I didn't drive it any different when it was brand new than I do now. I've heard different opinions on that subject. Some people say baby it, some people say ride it like you stole it. Others say break it in slow if you want it to top out slow or break it in hard if you want it to top out fast. I take pretty good care of everything I own anyway and don't really rag my vehicles out, so I just rode it normal and sure enough, around 400 miles or so I noticed a definite increase in power. My advice is just to use a little common sense and don't ride it like a sport quad or racing bike while you're trying to break it in and you should be fine.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:39 AM
Trailblazer

first oil change should be 100 miles or 10 hours. whichever comes first. I changed mine at 8 hrs with 58 miles on it.