Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

A few questions for you Prowler guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A few questions for you Prowler guys

I've been considering getting one for a while but I have a few questions. Are there aftermarket CDIs avaliabe to help increase performance? What is the wheel bolt pattern, same as rhino or different? I'll probably put on different wheels and tires. Does it ride better with the prelaod on the shocks all the way down? Would you buy one again?

Old 04-18-2007, 11:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't looked into performance mods. We have a Rhino and Prowler and the wheel bolt pattern is not the same. The prowler bolt pattern is spaced more. They both seem to ride nice. We have 337 miles/24 hours on ours and have had to get it repaired once for a leaking front left axle seal. We haven't been hard on it at all. It's actually my wife's machine. The parking brake likes to disengage also, which isn't to good on a steep hill. A shifter linkage bolt fell off too. It was easy to put back on. I added a lock washer and Locktite. So far the Rhino has been more dependable. We have 60 hours on it with no problems yet. The rhino is quicker and more nimble. It's also about 6 inches narrower. The Prowler looks better. The steering on the Prowler is much more positive. I like the low reverse gear on the Prowler better, it's geared to high on the Rhino to get out of some sticky situations. The under hood storage area on the Prowler is great for keeping things clean. The engine starts very well with it's automatic choke and it runs very well. It's to early to tell if I would get another one. We'll have to see if anything else goes wrong.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. Anyone else??

Old 04-20-2007, 03:00 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a cdi coming out for it pretty soon. If you want performance check out www.hunterworks.com
The bolt pattern on the wheels is 4/115, and the rhino is 4/110. I ride with the preload a little softer in the rear, and about the middle setting on the front. I would buy one again in a heartbeat, there great for just about everything[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]