Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

14" wheels ok??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14" wheels ok??????

I have a 07 TBX 650 stock wheels/tires. I would like to upgrade to a alum wheel and more aggressive tire. I have seen several sets new on Ebay that intrest me. I have ask and been told that going to 14" is ok, not ok, will void wnty ect ect ect. Could someone help a novice on this? If I can go with 14, what would be the max I would go with back/front size? If 14's will be a problem plz mention it. Thanks again, Richard

Old 04-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14" wheels ok??????

Originally posted by: TXchopper
I have a 07 TBX stock wheels/tires. I would like to upgrade to a alum wheel and more aggressive tire. I have seen several sets new on Ebay that intrest me. I have ask and been told that going to 14" is ok, not ok, will void wnty ect ect ect. Could someone help a novice on this? If I can go with 14, what would be the max I would go with back/front size? If 14's will be a problem plz mention it. Thanks again, Richard
I don't believe it is so much the size of the wheel as the height of the tire itself. Then it would depend on the size of your engine, if it will have enough power to turn them. The taller the tire and the more agressive tread the harder your engine works. Then you may have to get into engine mods (more power), clutch kits, and you may have to put a lift kit on or do suspension mods if the tires are too tall etc. God forbid if you have to change gear ratios with your ring and pinion.
Once you get all setup with big tires with agressive treads and enough power to turn them, then make sure you have a slush fund to start replacing broken axles and CV joints. And be prepared not to enjoy the ride because your comfort and handling will be degregated.
Everything you do is a trade-off. Just be certain that you can live with out what you are willing to trade off.
If you want to trade off fun riding to look cool, I can live with that, can you...