Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Proud new Cat owner!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud new Cat owner!

Hi folks!

I have just purchased an almost new arctic cat 400 2007. It has only 26 hours on it!

But I didn't get the operator manual with it... and the winch had water in it so it didn't work good. It was a 1500 lbs winch... "noname" I think. It was very rusty inside and damage stator and rotor.

1. The seller says he is going to send me a new winch with remote control. I hope it will be a warn 2.5ci, because it is better and it is the only one I know with remote control, or are there more winch brands with those?

2. I think he will just send me a winch... do I need a winch mount kit? Will all winch fit with arctic cat? The winch that is mounted now is welded onto a iron plate and fitted in front of machine.

3. What should I do at the 50 hour service? Just change oil and oil filter? Should I clean air filter?

4. Some kind people that can send me a operator manual? Would be very very apprieciated! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I love this machine! I got it cheap (for being sweden)! I think it is blazing fast and truly amazing! This machine is awsome! So big! And it doesn't drink mutch gas too! Me and my girlfriend rode it all night! Love the cat lights!

Thank you all cat owners!

Old 06-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud new Cat owner!

Well, welcome to the family - or should I say (pride, litter etc).

You can look up parts at this link.
http://www.arcticcatonlineparts.com/parts-browse.asp

I have a link for a shop manual for a 2006, close but not exactly the same. It will at least show you how to take it apart and put it back together. Specifications may not be exactly the same.
http://silentfall.com/files/manual.zip

There is not much to service, keep the air filter clean, change oil regularly, maintain your battery on a charger (the magneto will not be enough). Adjust your valves once a year or so. Inspect things on a regular basis (shock bushings etc.) If a minor problem exist fix it right away before it becomes a big problem.

The trouble shooting section of the shop manual can help if you have a problem.

What we have noticed is that most problems are dirt related. So keep the carb clean and everything else clean and it should serve you well.

If you run into any situations just ask and someone will help you.

The winch needs a mounting plate. (maybe a 2007 doesn't - not sure). If a winch is made for an ATV then it will fit the AC. I have an Xtreme 3000# waterproof that cost around US. $79.00 plus shipping $26.00 (came with mounting plate). Xtreme and Venom are the same winch with a different name. As good as Warn - if not then with the price savings you can buy 2 or 3 replacements.

You can contact Arctic Cat or a dealer and they will be able to get you an owners manual.

Have fun and keep it safe...