Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Quad Terrain Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quad Terrain Challenge

Cat took the title two years running. They also placed 6 of the top ten. Of course the other places were can-ams. Why don't any of the other Manufacturers join in this? Seems this would be a great testing ground for any of the manufactures. Put their rigs through the paces and see where improvements could be made I would think. Unfortuneately, everyone just wants their ute to go really fast and handle like a sports car, and do it all while driving one handed!!

Old 09-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with you and I think AC give you some pretty good go for the bucks. They may not win at the drag strip but then again they are not designed for that, but when the going gets tough they seem to be more than up for the task - more so than a lot of other offerings buy other factories. But 'Sales' is the name of the game and if the trend is for fast and over-powered, wheelie machines then that is what most will produce. I am glad that AC has sort of stuck with their guns and kept the 'Utility' concept as an avenue to go. My idea of a Utility is to have the ability to handle and have the highest success rate over the wides types of terrain. I don't really care how fast I get there just so long as I get there and the machine is as reliable and break resistant as can be - I think AC views this as an objective also.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

My machine is an 06 400 fis. Right flat out 49-50 mph, and that is plenty on a 700 lb. Utility atv. We really don't have the trails around here that would warrant having the big guns anyway. Logging roads maybe, but one of those trucks would really sting if hit just right at 60 mph. Not to mention all the critters we have in the woods. I've noticed that deer will look right at you, see you flying down the trail, and still jump out in right out in front of you!

Old 09-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

When the old lady and I went looking, we were more interested in a machine that was big enough to seat us both comfortably, give a good ride, and get good gas mileage. With the seat/box on back and a set of fender protectors, the machine has more than enogh room. Really can't even tell she is there(until she opens her mouth!) She hoots and hollers and laughs the whole time, yup, mumma likes to go wheelin. And to think that we used to ride an old 99 Wolverine just the same way, no wonder the little fella kept breaking down.