Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Laws against riding two on a single rider ATV?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Laws against riding two on a single rider ATV?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BruteForceButton

here in California it is illegal to ride two ever, unless your on a quad built for two and as far as I know only a couple years ago Honda I think it is, makes the only 2up as you say, quad! there are stickers on every atv sold here to NEVER ride two on a atv and it is also in the manual, big warning! if you get cuaght it's a big fine!

I don't like riding two anyway, never have ridden with a passenger. everyone should have there own! lol [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Actually, Polaris, Can-Am and Arctic Cat are the only manufactures that make two-up machines. Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha don't.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Polaris, Can-Am, Arctic Cat, Yamaha, Kawasaki do, and soon Honda will. The best ones are called: Rhino, Prowler, Ranger, Teryx, Mule, and Bigred.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [jk]
anyway, it's illegal in WV, but everone dooes anyway. My neighbors ride three on each of their quads, and yes they have tried to go up hills like that........it didn't work. I have rode my quad on the main rode, with a girl on the back, on my 300, and when someone come along in a car, i just get over. The police have passed me doing it before, but they don't enforce laws very well. Thats us good old lazy west Virginians, most of us.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HONDA CRUSHER 93

Polaris, Can-Am, Arctic Cat, Yamaha, Kawasaki do, and soon Honda will. The best ones are called: Rhino, Prowler, Ranger, Teryx, Mule, and Bigred.[img][/img] [jk]

anyway, it's illegal in WV, but everone dooes anyway. My neighbors ride three on each of their quads, and yes they have tried to go up hills like that........it didn't work. I have rode my quad on the main rode, with a girl on the back, on my 300, and when someone come along in a car, i just get over. The police have passed me doing it before, but they don't enforce laws very well. Thats us good old lazy west Virginians, most of us.</end quote></div>

Very true, but thoses are classified as SIDE BY SIDES, not TWO-UP ATV's. In Texas, a manufactured two-up atv can ride with two riders on the national forest trail system as well as be legal on any other public properties that allow atv's. However, they do not allow side-by-side utility vehicles and I understand that is due to a width restriction.

Old 10-21-2007, 04:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know thir different. specific atv trails won't allow anything over 50in. wide, and the new rzr is 50 in. wide.