Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Heated Grips

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Grips

I see in the Arctic Cat catalog that they have heated grips wit a thumbwarmer. In the picture, it doesn't show the thembwarmer. I am in the market for 2 sets of heated grips. Does anybody have these and do you reccomend these over other brands? I see other brands out there for less, but I am drawn to the Arctic Cat' version. Anybody have any input on these things??

Old 11-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default Heated Grips

I have a set on my 700 and my brother and a friend of mine has them on their 650's. So far so good, they are easy to install and the new grips are excellent. Make sure you hook the power supply to the Black/Red wire under the pod so that when the key is off, and you forget to shut them off, they won't drain your battery. The instructions say to use glue on the grips but we did not need it. Make sure you stick the thumb element on the back of the throttle lever.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Heated Grips

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll go that route. And sorry about the spelling errors on that post! I was in a hurry and didn't proof read it before I sent it!

Old 11-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Heated Grips

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll go that route. And sorry about the spelling errors on that post! I was in a hurry and didn't proof read it before I sent it!

Old 12-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Heated Grips

I have them, and didnt like the rubber grips that came with them. They are too hard and too smooth. Also the element for the thumb, was a hard circuit board, and NOT bendable at all. When i installed it, i ended up snapping that circuit board, and loosing high heat. To me it seems like it was very expensive, and not very high quality.
I since bought some hot grip heaters, which have the elements embedded into the rubber grips. These work so much better, because the metal handlebars dont contact the element, and act like a huge heat sink.
Almost any of the cheaper thumb warmers will work as good as , or better than the ones in that kit.
Just my 2 cents..but i wouldnt buy that kit again. There are lots of better choices, and almost everything else is cheaper.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default Heated Grips

As long as you put the thumb element on the back side of the throttle lever, you will be fine. I also broke one when I was trying to put it on the front side thinking I needed more heat. They do break so it is important to keep it on a flat surface and do not apply to much pressure. I had Hot grips on my first Quad and the grips were hard and slick. The Cat grips are excellent, I don't know what kind your dealer gave you but the Set's we got have more grip than the ones that came on the quad from the factory.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Heated Grips

The info is much appreciated. I am still undecided on what I am going to put the AC, but I think I'll go with the hotgrips on the Honda.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Heated Grips"></title><script src=

Hi,
Just put 2 sets of Cycle Country grips on my Uncle's machine and my own.
Did not get thumbwarmer for either, but the grips are so great, you will end up turning them to low not long after you get them warmed up. Best $40.00 investment ever made.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Heated Grips

what ever brand you go with you will greatly appreciate the thumbwarmer

Old 12-02-2008, 05:44 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default Heated Grips

They are always more exspensive from a dealer. I do alot of snowmobiling and seen all types of aftermarket warmer kits and I never seen one that did not do the job it was suppose to. They all install the same way OEM or not.

Quick Reply: Heated Grips