Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

125cc no spark

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 125cc no spark

Been trying to trouble shoot no spark issue for sometime now.

I've ran ohms test on wiring coming out of stator. Green wire result about 00.5 ohms. Black/red .575 ohms on 2k ohms settings. Blue/white 148 ohms on 200 ohm settings. Didn't worry about white and yellow ones .

When tested cdi with test light, with key on and kill switch on:
black/white wire light comes on.
blue/white wire light comes on but a dim light.

I don't think this lights are supposed to come on so im thinking this is where problem is somehow.

What can i do next to further track down problem? Anyone have similar/same problem?
I have tried following solutions:
Cdi box is new. Spark plug coil is new. Tried a knowing working volt regulator. Starter/kill switch is new.
If I don't flip start/kill switch to on and/or key ignition on, the bike will not turnover, hence I figure ignition key switch is working.
This is has the press in handlebar brake to start type. If i dont press in handlebar brake, it will not turn over, i figure that part is fine.
There some suggestions to adjust distance between pick up coil and flywheel's pulsator I believe..? Can't really figure how that would be done.

This engine is brand new hence brand new stator.
Suggestions, ideas, comments..? Thanks!

Old Today, 02:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 337 Likes on 328 Posts

If you put your test lamp between battery pos and black/white it will light as black/white is earthed (usually when ignition is off).

You test for AC volts between blue/white and earth when engine is spun on starter, then you test for AC volts between black/red and earth when engine is spun. At CDI plug you test that earth(s) are earthed, black/white is earthed with ignition off and open circuit with ignition on (one or two makes like ETon have it the other way round) and that those volts are getting to the CDI plug from the blue/white and red/black wires when you spin the engine over.