Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

AC 500 snow removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2001, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With 1000 feet of driveway, the 60" will save you lots of time. I have a 60" and the Cat doesn't have any problems with it at all. The winch also comes in handy lifting it.

Old 02-07-2001, 11:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks again everyone!
In New Mexico one does not just go to the store and buy what you believe you want, you buy what is in stock, if anything. Having said that, what was in stock was the 50" at AC and weeks for delivery of anything else. I did look at the pretty pictures in the catalogs though. In order to get rid of the snow its BUY THE 50". What I did not tell anyone is that I am "RETIRED" and time does not mean as much as it did when working. Thanks again for all the advise and suggestions.

Old 02-08-2001, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

Tcat,

I understand your fear of the ATV rolling out the back of your truck. I'll tell you a funny story (actually a bummer). Three years ago, I was at the local Best Buy the Sat. before the Superbowl. As I was leaving, I noticed another truck pulling out of the parking lot with a brand new projection big screen TV in the back of his truck, at the front of his bed up against the rear window. The box the TV was in was about 12 inches or so higher than his cab. Anyways, we pulled out onto the highway, I was following him. About the time we got up to speed, he pulled over to the fast lane (I guess he was in a hurry to get home to set up his expensive new TV) & pulled away from me. The next thing I saw was his brand new TV sliding towards his tailgate. With the wind pushing it, when it hit his tailgate, it flipped over the back of his truck & his brand new TV busted into a thousand pieces all over the highway. Thankfully I was in the other lane & didn't hit any pieces. He pulled over to the side & backed up. I told my wife that if that happened to me, I think I would have just kept on driving, not wanting to see my TV spread out all over the Highway.

Anyway, the moral of the story, I now use my straps to tie everything of value that I haul into the bed. You just never know when something might get a little wind into it & try to fly away.

Later, Lance

Old 02-10-2001, 08:04 PM
Range Rover

D'oh! That would be something to witness.

I took some snow plowing pics today. We got about 7" of snow and 20-30 mph winds to blow it around Friday. Clean up was today. The Cat continues to impress me with its abilities and the speed that you can get the job done. If the link in the signature doesn't work, it's http://briefcase.yahoo.com/tcat672001 Later.

Old 02-11-2001, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

Tcat:
Hey, just checked this thing again, great pics there of plowing! In fact, I just showed my Dad, he was impressed by your piles there and the job the 'Cat did, gave me the go ahead to get one for next season, thinks we can use it up at the ranch as well for moving gravel, dirt and brush. I'm affraid our snow season is about over out here, so I can't justify buying one now, as I doubt I'd get to use it much before next season.

Anyway, thanks for the pics, they look great!

Mike

Old 02-11-2001, 04:42 AM
Trailblazer

TCat, awesome pics. Wish I had it right now. We have about 18"in the driveway now and still snowing.Expected to get another 12-24"s tonite and tomorrow. Just can't seem to talk the Wife into a plow.She tells me that is why I have a 4x4 pickup..Oh well.
Keith 98'AC454 4x4,2000lb.Warn
http://photos.yahoo.com/keith_rndmt