Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Exhaust Upgrade...Thundercat

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well I found out what the cooling issue was
the fan fuse blew
but IDK what caused it to blow? (maybe a short or something)
replaced the fuse and filled er up with coolant
I also went to Canadian Tire and bought some more fuses just in case LOL
I'll get er checked out when it goes in for service

Old 11-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Trailblazer

Hey yammy if you did notice your electric fan not operating then guaranteed you would have issues wiht your coolant,although that is rather strange. I haven't had any issues like that ,touch wood. Sounds like your dealer should be giving your ride a thorough check including head gaskets just to be safe. They can do a pressure check to see if it is holding proper pressure, good luck!

Old 11-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by t-cat speed
Hey yammy if you did notice your electric fan not operating then guaranteed you would have issues wiht your coolant,although that is rather strange. I haven't had any issues like that ,touch wood. Sounds like your dealer should be giving your ride a thorough check including head gaskets just to be safe. They can do a pressure check to see if it is holding proper pressure, good luck!
I changed the fuse...Topped up the coolant and so far have not had anymore issues
Ill take it for a run tomorrow and see what happens

Old 11-18-2009, 08:09 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Yammy now that you mentioned the fuse i do recall changing my fuse as well. I wasn'ton the trail when mine gave I was just around the house. Anyway I am glad it was nothing major.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Banned

I got a stupid question T-Cat
Does your air filter soaked with oil all around the bottom?
Mine is
Everything is dry around the rest of the area
So I assumed its so it wont suck dirt in around the edges of the filter and make a good seal?
It doesnt seem like its a very good setup...Its the first time I checked it out
Doesnt appear to have access to much air?
Is there any aftermarket systems/filters available besides UNI?
IDK
Any machine I have ever had has had dry filters

Old 11-20-2009, 07:28 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Yammy I modified my filter a bit to get more air. I have been trying for a long time to get a K&N without any luck. Another thing you can keep in mind is when you do an oil change dont fill it quite up. You will notice that when you do WOT runs sometimes the little cap on the left side of your engine,(behind the plastic cover),will pop out making a huge mess of oil. I am told what happens is the engine builds so much pressure at WOT that it pops the cap rgt out. Just a little food for thought.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by t*cat speed
Hey Yammy I modified my filter a bit to get more air. I have been trying for a long time to get a K&N without any luck. Another thing you can keep in mind is when you do an oil change dont fill it quite up. You will notice that when you do WOT runs sometimes the little cap on the left side of your engine,(behind the plastic cover),will pop out making a huge mess of oil. I am told what happens is the engine builds so much pressure at WOT that it pops the cap rgt out. Just a little food for thought.
So what about the oil (or whatever it is) all around the base of my air filter
Like I say, besides all around the base there is no sign of any oil anywheres else
If you post me your email I will send you the pics i took when I had it apart
Mine is yammy350@hotmail.com

Old 11-23-2009, 06:25 AM
Trailblazer

Yammy I will email you rgt after work.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by t-cat speed
Yammy I will email you rgt after work.
OK
I would like to know what mods you have done to your air box as well
Only filter I can find is UNI
I have had no luck with any PLUG AND PLAY performance upgrades either from companies such as MOOSE or DYNATEK.....

As far as a clutch kit goes...what should I go with?

Speedwerx Clutch Kit Arctic Cat Thundercat 1000 H2 ATV on eBay.ca (item 230341103095 end time 30-Nov-09 09:54:07 EST)

or

08-09 Arctic Cat Thundercat H-2 4x4, 1000 H-2 Cruiser on eBay.ca (item 110453358788 end time 03-Dec-09 09:27:11 EST)

Oh and did you happen to do any Radar runs at WOT? (or any other speeds just to see how much your speedo is off)

Old 11-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Yammy I found a computer for the t-cat I just have to go back through my history to find it. You we're saying you might have found a filter from UNI. I used to use those when I raced motocross and they worked awesome. I have the speedwerx pipe and clutch kit as you know in my bike and I swear by them but it is personal preferance. I find the speedwerx kit gives you a few different options. Also I will be talking to my mechanic today and will ask him about your oil issue.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Upgrade...Thundercat