Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

howdy

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2001, 01:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DAKOTART; Everything split, gas food and so on can drop the expenses, you guys are using you heads.Really looking forward to this.
Jim

Old 03-08-2001, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

Dakotart:
Just say the word, it's just a hop, skip and a jump for me and my 'Cat! I've got all kinds of hunting/camping gear as well, and being raised in this stuff, the cold don't bother me that much-just a few more layers, a nice fire while dining on a bar-b-qued steak, with a frosty cold beverage. Wake up next morning, bag a big one! Sounds great, just say the word.

BTW-I shoot a .30-06 with 180 grain bullet, does great for me. My rifle doesn't like anything smaller than the 180-have wider pattern with the 165's. The other guys I hunt with use .30-06's, 7 mags, and even a .300 weatherby mag, so you'll be just fine.

Hope you guys can swing it, sure sounds fun!

Mike

Old 03-08-2001, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, here's some info. 426 dollars round trip from San Antonio to Boise. Car rental is no big deal from there. waco4whlr, does this sound like a plan? Cowboy, you said you have camping supplies and stuff like that, right? That puts us at 4 guys and 3 cats. not a bad ratio. Idahocatman, how does this sound to you? Are we in the right direction? When is the season open so I can work some different plans? I was hoping you would say I needed a bigger gun so I would have a good excuse but I love my 7 mag. One of my student's mom is a travel agent so I'm going to talk to her and see if she can work something out for us waco4whlr. I'll keep you posted.

Old 03-08-2001, 03:11 PM
Range Rover

dakotart:
That all sounds great, but if we fly, no CATS! I don't know exactly what the best way to go is, but I just got off of the phone with Jim (IDAHOCATMAN) and he said we could camp at his house. The place he is talking about hunting is just minutes from his place aboard the cats. If we are getting serious about this we need to look at the fastest route driving unless you don't want some great pictures of all of us hauling out elk aboard our 4 wheelers. Dividing up gas and things like that is definitely the way to look at it as far as money goes. I think. Plus, the potential new spouse would only love you that much more if you saved a little of that money for her. Just speaking from experience.

Old 03-08-2001, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

I think what you all are planning is great. It could be called the 1st annual northwest Arctic Cat Elk hunt.

I live in Boise, and believe me, you don't want to drive to St Maries from here. It's a long ways by car. The Easiest way from here is through Oregon and Washington back into Idaho. i think if you were coming up from Texas (BTW I lived in Corpus for awhile)The easiest way would be to take I25 north all the way to I90 the west to Cour d'lene then south to ST Maries. You work your way up to Amarillo, then northwest to Raton N.M. then head north on 25.
I also use a 7mm/08 or a 25-06 on Elk. Either works fine.

Old 03-08-2001, 03:54 PM
Trailblazer

Hey guys; If you fly go to spokane. If you drive do as minehunter said, hit I 90 to CDA.Do you have a C.B. or any type of two way? I'm HAM and can talk on just about any FREQ.That way I can talk you in.Minehunter you just as well join the crowd if you don't mind camping with the cows.
Jim

Old 03-08-2001, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

On the contrary, I've got TWO 'Cats, so that would be 4 guys, and 4 'Cats, if we can swing this thing. If you guys do decide to fly, you ought to look into flying into Spokane, like he suggested. That would be on my way either from Pullman, or the Tri-Cities, and I could very easily pick you guys up in the suburban, with the trailer. Should be plenty of room for your gear as well, and it would be just a short drive from there.

Getting excited now, lets do this!

Mike

Old 03-08-2001, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

I have no problem driving. I just wanted to look at all the options. That's the way I wanted to drive too. It looked easy on some of the maps I have. I should be able to barrow my dad's quad cab so there is some extra room for stuff/people. It hauls nicely. e-mail me and get my phone number so we can do some more planning.

eeyore@texas.net (Jason)

Dakota R/T

Old 03-08-2001, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

You have two cats and who else has two cats to give us four? idahocatman has two cats? I missed something I think. San Antonio to Spokan is $450 round trip. Flying would save waco4whlr and I 4 days round trip. Just a though if we can barrow cats up there. If not I can drive and use our trailer(triton sl8). I'm all for any of these this plans. I should be able to time this just right for after football season for me down here. I have a place to stay in Amarillo and in Denver so we could skip thru fairly quickly. Keep those ideas coming!!!

Dakota R/T (Jason)

Old 03-09-2001, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider

I have secured the services of my soon to be brother in laws 95 chevy extended cab 4x4 turbo diesel for the trip. I love my R/T but it sucks in bad weather trying to hook up the power. Trailer and 500 cat is also no problem. I can camp in the woods. We do it all the time down here on our land. When is the season to hunt? I'll save up my sick leave! I'll be out of town for a few days for some much needed spring break R&R so I won't be able to reply but I will try and get to a computer on vacation. Keep the ideas flowing. I know I'll be thinking about it!

Dakota R/T
eeyore@texas.net

Quick Reply: howdy