Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Kymco?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Imbobby74
Only complaint is stiff front suspension, especially for my 120lb girlfriend who is just trail riding. I want to order new shocks and a steering stabilizer for her, should make it a cadillac for her to ride. Also with the automatic she can go up big hills no problem now.

I assume if I buy DVX300 shocks since Kymco ones arent listed they should fit right on?
The Kymcos use a very short set of front A-arms, like a utility quad uses.
Less suspension travel than most sporty quads.

If you saw the Mongoose 300 next to my old Polaris Phoenix 200, you would
see the diff. The Polaris was much better in the suspension dept. The
Kymco's engine was vastly more powerful and smooth, however.

I would think anything that fits the DVX250 or DVX300 would fit the Kymco.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is a year old post but what the heck. I purchased a new leftover Kymco MXU 450i last Tuesday. Love it so far. Very smooth ride, and powerful midrange. She is black.

FirdFairLane you still have yours? Still like it?

Old 07-19-2015, 10:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Still have it. No complaints pushed snow all winter with it and took it on a few rides this spring. Still think it's the best deal on the market. Not sure if I will upgrade so soon to the 700 but as of right now I'd buy another one when it's time to upgrade.

Old 07-19-2015, 10:37 PM
Trailblazer

That is great to hear. I have an 07 Mongoose 90 I bought may grandson around February. That is what got me looking at Kymco for my first new purchase. We have an 2010 Grizzly 450 which is nice. The MXU 450i is right much more powerful. Being a leftover there was nothing that came close price wise.

Main reason I wanted this size is one of the trails we ride the most the next larger size atv would scrap trees in a couple of places.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:17 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

In 7 years from now the 450 Grizzly will be chugging along with minor maintenance and the MXU 450 will have been melted down to make chiness pots and pans long ago.

Old 07-20-2015, 11:09 AM
Trailblazer

The little Kymco 90 my grandson has is already 8 years old and according to the previous owner has needed nothing but regular maintenance. After going through three different kids. If the MXU is anything like that I doubt it will have melted. You do know they make the drivetrains for all the Artic Cats from the 450H1 down! They are made in Taiwan. They also make the BMW G450X motorcycle motor too. If I had said I bought an Artic Cat 450H1 what would your response been? If it matters the Grizzly is still here. Wife wants to keep it and ride too. Just clarifying a little of their history. I researched them pretty good before plunking down my change.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Kymco has Honda roots. Alot of the parts can interchange. Just as dependable in my book.
I have a 450R axel in my Mongoose that I swapped at the race track.
IMO, as good as the big 3 anyday.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:41 AM
Trailblazer

Pretty much what I gathered also. They make a crap load of scooters and right many of them have 10's of thousand of miles with just routine maintenance. I like it, which is the most important thing of all.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:56 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Originally Posted by LT80
Kymco has Honda roots. Alot of the parts can interchange. Just as dependable in my book.
I have a 450R axel in my Mongoose that I swapped at the race track.
IMO, as good as the big 3 anyday.
That's like saying a dollar store set of wrenches are as good as a set of Snap-Ons just because they look the same.

Honda,Yamaha clones have been around for awhile but their metallurgy and componets like stators, bearings and CDI are not of the same quality and standards.

Price a OEM Honda/Yamaha Stator and from a Honda/Yamaha Asian clone of the same type motor and the clone stator will be worth $20 and also behave like its worth $20.

Now its different with a Asian company making a machine under contract for AC because AC can chose their componets and standards which the Asian company would not normally use in their own machines.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:11 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Kinda like What I mentioned to my son on his first Suzuki SV650 and was about the time we took on Hyosung brand for a trial run. Didn't have much luck with selling them so shipped all but the 2 we sold back. Couldn't help but notice the simularity between the the SV650 and the GT650 Hyosung. Son got all flustered and said nope wasn't any where near the same engine. Still kinda makes you wonder if Suzuki is in bed with this Korean manufacturer or just another copy cat. 2015 Suzuki SFV650 Motorcycles

Attached Thumbnails Kymco?-suzuki-sv650s-2003.jpg   Kymco?-hyogt650s.jpg  

Quick Reply: Kymco?