Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Kymco?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just made a deal to buy a 2016 Kymco 450i LE 4x4, shipped to CA from TX. I should have it next week.

We need a Kymco area under "Brand Discussions".

Old 09-08-2019, 09:34 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kymco is so small in the US I don't know how much traffic you would get. For an update I still have the MXU450i. Only probablem I have had so far is the speedometer has started acting up some last year. Hour meter works perfect. I need to pull it and clean everything up. I have replaced nothing but maintenance items, oil, sparkplugs etc. Update on my grandson's Kymco 90. Found out I was wrong on the year, I was told it was a 2007 model by the second owner. It actually is a 2004 model according to a frame sticker. It still runs great and he was driving it around some day before yesterday. Have replaced no parts on it in the over 4 years of ownership due to failure. Have installed the late model CVT to derestrict it to raise top speed. .

Old 09-08-2019, 10:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Well if we have a forum for china junk, a high quality Kymco sections shouldn't be a problem.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by sr.ruedas
I just made a deal to buy a 2016 Kymco 450i LE 4x4, shipped to CA from TX. I should have it next week.

We need a Kymco area under "Brand Discussions".
Hope you had a chance to look it over closely and test drive it before having it shipped. I would never buy anything like that without a carefull inspection b4 shipping. I would hate to see the brand badmouthed because someone sold a machine that was not right. Unfortunately it does happen alot!

Old 09-08-2019, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

I did not do an inspection, but I did get the dealership to send me a video. It was a trade-in for one of the new products sold there. 60mi on the ODO.

I do not buy a lot of rolling stock long distance, but I did once buy a car on eBay, and had it shipped to the left coast. I paid an inspector to go to the dealership and inspect it.

BTW, my closest CA Kymco ATV dealer is about 75mi. away from here. They sell many brands, including Polaris, Kawasaki, and Yamaha. They are selling many more Kymco ATVs now, vs, Polaris. The 450i is very popular, and they stock several. There are "premium" versions, with mag wheels, winch, funky paint jobs, etc.

Old 09-08-2019, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, the 450i is a very popular small utv. That is one of the reasons I bought mine. Owned it for almost 3yrs with O issues. Glad you have a dealer not to far away. Good luck, hope you have as much fun with yours as I have had with mine!

Old 09-08-2019, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
. Glad you have a dealer not to far away.
It makes no difference to me, since I buy parts online (including Kymco), and do all my own service/repairs. I once bought a new pickup, and once a new M/C, but no other vehicles new.

As with the MXU250 I owned briefly, Kymco includes features that are optional or not included on many competitive quads, including those of similar size from the majors. Those include EFI, IRS, locking differential, engine braking, CVT, disc brakes all around, etc. All in a package that has 48" wheel base, and 43" width, the same as my ancient Honda TRX300FW. I don't care for the mega-quads.

If I had not taken a few of these apart, I would have less to say about the quality. Those who think this is a Chicom unit are mistaken.

Old 09-08-2019, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

If I had not taken a few of these apart, I would have less to say about the quality. Those who think this is a Chicom unit are mistaken.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree whole heartedly!

Old 09-08-2019, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

With mainland China, you have to be more diligent and careful about what you buy. Not everything is of poor quality. Those $1000+ iPhones come from mainland China. (My phone is a cheapo LG from Korea.)

I bought a mini-X last year from China, and did all that was necessary to import it and ship it. I used Alibaba and their inspection service. I was fairly happy with the quality of what I got, and the few faults were rectified promptly by the factory.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

China does not allow american engineers or designers to help, you take what they give you. However, Tiwain does allow input and help from our designers and engineers to make a good quality product and it shows. Most Tiwain products are well made!

Quick Reply: Kymco?