Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Something that Arctic Cat owners should be aware of

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 10:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sadly I can imagine yours is not the only Mud Pro with this problem. Even though it is a factory snorkled machine, if there is any problem at all with the snorkel and mud and water get sucked into the engine, I'm sure the dealer will cry abuse and refuse to honor your warranty. It wouldn't take much, a bad seal that might be hard to even see and as soon as you're in deep water, your engine takes a big gulp. Probably goes for the Can-Am XMR models and will probably be the case for the new 2016 Polaris snorkled machines. Many people think because it has a snorkel, they can go through water as deep as they want. Just because it has a snorkel doesn't mean its a submarine. I'm not implying the OP did this but enough people will do it that dealers don't believe any owners when they bring the machines in full of mud and water. Many people buy these type of quads and abuse the crap out of them. It ruins it for everyone else.

Old 09-19-2015, 02:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not taking any advice from a one-post chump. I'll calling BS.

Old 09-19-2015, 03:39 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
I'm not taking any advice from a one-post chump. I'll calling BS.
How do you figure that? I posted similar experience on a 500 so are you calling mine BS as well? Mistakes happen things get missed, and yes sometimes tech's look in the wrong spot to solve a issue. It happens. The original post was just informing people and everyone that buys a new machine SHOULD go over it from top to bottom and make sure nothing was missed at the factory and during the PDI. I checked mine over when i got it and found several connectors that were not pushed in all the way or one of the pins had pushed out. Unfortunately i never checked the GF's when she bough hers.

Old 09-19-2015, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Zrock
How do you figure that? I posted similar experience on a 500 so are you calling mine BS as well? Mistakes happen things get missed, and yes sometimes tech's look in the wrong spot to solve a issue. It happens. The original post was just informing people and everyone that buys a new machine SHOULD go over it from top to bottom and make sure nothing was missed at the factory and during the PDI. I checked mine over when i got it and found several connectors that were not pushed in all the way or one of the pins had pushed out. Unfortunately i never checked the GF's when she bough hers.
I think what he's saying is, people who put up only one post on a forum that's about how bad a company has been to them, aren't always truthful. At least if someone's been on the forum for a while, you can get a feel for how they are about things.

Old 09-19-2015, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

It IS a bit telling to me that he hasn't responded to any suggestions. He just became a member so he can vent, not to be an active participant. It DOES get old sometimes.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zrock

I wasn't talking about you, Chump.

Old 09-20-2015, 05:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sometimes people do just come in here to vent. It does seem like the op kinda took themself out of the conversation though. In the end, this forum is really for entertainment purposes only. You can't really get too upset if someone doesn't want to follow up on something. Maybe its just not really that important to them.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by greg74
Sometimes people do just come in here to vent. It does seem like the op kinda took themself out of the conversation though. In the end, this forum is really for entertainment purposes only. You can't really get too upset if someone doesn't want to follow up on something. Maybe its just not really that important to them.
But what was done here isn't venting. It is an attempt to hurt a manufacturer, a kind of hit and run character assassination if you will. I am sure this isn't the only forum op signed up for and did this. Could be a legitimate complaint, more likely this is a dealer issue. Could even just be a fan boy that would never even buy an Arctic Cat...

Old 09-20-2015, 10:38 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

he posted up on just about every forum atv related... for some reason he removed the post from the ac forum..
these forums are for information and amusement i don't blame the op for posting up. after what he went through i would be doing more

Old 09-20-2015, 01:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

One person's post does not condemn an entire company. There's a guy on facebook that constantly bashes Can-Am because of problems he claimed he had with his Commander. There's no way to prove any of it, or even if he even owns or has ever owned a Commander. He might be some guy working for another company just trying to get you to not buy Can-Am. Sort of like political mudslinging. Instead of promoting their machine, he simply bashes the competition to make them look bad.

Quick Reply: Something that Arctic Cat owners should be aware of