Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Something that Arctic Cat owners should be aware of

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 06:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zrock
he posted up on just about every forum atv related... for some reason he removed the post from the ac forum..
these forums are for information and amusement i don't blame the op for posting up. after what he went through i would be doing more
Sadly, if he would have spent that time checking over his machine before he submerged it, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Old 09-20-2015, 11:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooter86
Sadly, if he would have spent that time checking over his machine before he submerged it, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
I have a better solution, DON'T SUBMERGE it in the first place. A snorkel does not make your quad a submarine.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:14 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooter86
Yest definitely true but maby he did not have the know how or sometimes even those of us with experience miss things.

Originally Posted by greg74
I have a better solution, DON'T SUBMERGE it in the first place. A snorkel does not make your quad a submarine.
Then that is sorta pointless to spend the extra cash on a MP. If they cannot go through any depth of water then AC should take it off the market. Im sure those guys on youtube go allot deeper. AC would not want to see how deep i have been with my 500

Old 09-21-2015, 01:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In reality, AC probably isn't liable for mud and water getting in the engine. I'm sure there is some fine print somewhere(there always is) basically saying that if you go too deep, its 100% your fault for any damage you cause. A manufucturing defect should trump this but its hard to prove that the faulty snorkel wasn't caused by the owner's abuse.

Old 09-21-2015, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

In reality, AC probably isn't liable for mud and water getting in the engine. I'm sure there is some fine print somewhere(there always is) basically saying that if you go too deep, its 100% your fault for any damage you cause. A manufucturing defect should trump this but its hard to prove that the faulty snorkel wasn't caused by the owner's abuse.
Wouldn't be surprised. In that was the case, that lawyer language in a warranty is more important to the company than keeping a customer happy. I wouldn't buy from any company that treats someone like that.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 09-23-2015, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I've been up to the rack in water many times with a stock Outlander Max. And over the rack in one water hole that surprised us a bit. Still, no water ingested and it pulled right out of the hole. A dedicated mud machine like AC, Can-Am, and Polaris makes should be able to go up to the snorkel without drowning the engine. If not, it's just expensive wrappings. I would EXPECT that any of these machines would have everything sealed up the way they should be for the money.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Im going to add to this on why its so important to check your own machine out. I still cannot figure out how i missed this. Our 1 500 has had a random no power issue from day one. Could never duplicate it and dealer could not find anything. After a deep water crossing i realized the GF was giving the wrong info it had power but belt was slipping. Found the belt housing intake clamp really loose. Thought at this point i had checked the machine from front to back. Well after another water crossing yesterday it was still taking on water. So i started pulling things apart while i waited for water to drain. Well the rear exhaust tube for housing was totally missing. Dont know how i missed it and their is no way it can fall out as you have to remove plastics or drop tank to get it in.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arctic Cat has done some very cool marketing!!

Old 11-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too bad the whole world have good tools and bad service

Quick Reply: Something that Arctic Cat owners should be aware of