Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

2015 blowing belts

Old 07-30-2017, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

There is a reason your going thru belts like no one else is, so.....either find the problem or keep buying belts. Whether you should or shouldn't be having this problem is not the issue....there IS a problem and it needs to be addressed or you will learn to change belts with your eyes closed. Even after market belts should last well over 50 miles and I know your not getting that many "bad" belts, so you need to find the problem.

Old 07-30-2017, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother was having the same problem with his wife's Polaris. The dealer wanted big bucks to fix, it only had a few hundred miles. He took it apart, the little aluminum spacer between the sheaves was worn out. He went to a machine shop and had a plastic one made out of Delrin. So far it's been running fine. So from Cat guys's I hear the Dayco HPX belts from eBay are very good, like $60. GL Some good youtube videos out there.

Old 08-01-2017, 04:39 PM
Trailblazer

People kept telling me use low range use low range and I kept stressing I only but 50 miles on the new belt. All I wondered if other people had the issue not use low range when I havnt needed it. I know I have a problem, I just was hoping and 2 people have said what to check. Not the same use low range when I havnt needed to use it

thank you I'll check the spacer just in case!!!

Old 08-01-2017, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

I'm curious to look at the CVT in my 700TRV, it has about 1,300 miles and I'm going to reclock to B4 and install a Speedwerx Hypershift kit. 1 thing the Diesel has better than the gas model: a blower to keep the CVT cool. It would be easy to retro fit, if heat is causing a problem. Heck, I never run in Low range, they both pull so good in Hi , especially the diesel.

Old 08-01-2017, 09:30 PM
Trailblazer

I need to just check it all over and see - check what some of the other people have said. All I know is I blew it in less than 50 miles nothing to do with needing low, since handing need it. Just was curious if it was a problem on these

Old 08-02-2017, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bandemer
I need to just check it all over and see - check what some of the other people have said. All I know is I blew it in less than 50 miles nothing to do with needing low, since handing need it. Just was curious if it was a problem on these
Not a problem with any of the CVT quads out there. It isn't common for it to happen on any quad. It's either something to do with the pulleys or something causing it to overheat in the CVT housing. I would take a look in the air intake tube that draws air in to cool the belt. I've heard of mice making nests and it creates a no/low air flow condition. The only other thing is what we've stated.

Old 08-02-2017, 09:08 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

One thing to keep in the back of your mind as your checking things over. Heat is a belt killer causing the belt to separate. So if things were running hot for the first 50km then it would be quite easy to destroy a belt that quick.. Iv never heard good things about dayco belts even when i rode snowmobiles i would not touch a dayco

Old 08-02-2017, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$170???? from where and being shipped to where?
I bought a belt from countrycat in January, OEM 0823-013 cost me $89.96

Does your "shredded" belt come apart from the edge? Break in the middle?
Checking the alignment of the clutch faces is a good recommendation as a few have suggested. Make sure that the clutch faces are also smooth, with no burrs/chips or anything that can rip at the belt. Also check your cooling ducts to make sure their clear and can pass air.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:54 PM
Trailblazer

Nothing left of the belt - I have not checked the 2nd one was waiting for payday. First one was gone just little strings. I assume 2nd one is the same way

Old 08-03-2017, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

If you didn't smell it burning up I'd check the pulleys to make sure they are smooth to the touch. Could be something cutting it up.

Search this Thread