Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

help with 4wd auator plug- broken

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 10:12 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Tell your dealer to get out once and a while...LOL... they are not specific ends for that machine but replacement weather tight ends have been available for years. Also im betting that if your dealer actually looked they could get the factory end as all that stuff is available to a dealer since they need to be able to repair or replace a end at times. If you searched the net long enough you would probably find them but no need when you can just go to a local auto parts store and get a aftermarket watertight connector.
Dont use those crimp on ends they were talking about as they are not water tight and you will have issues down the road guaranteed. Anybody that suggested those should not be touching any wiring instead of that they could have suggested soldering the connections with dual wall heat shrink 100% water tight and guarantee not to fail.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zrock
Tell your dealer to get out once and a while...LOL... they are not specific ends for that machine but replacement weather tight ends have been available for years. Also im betting that if your dealer actually looked they could get the factory end as all that stuff is available to a dealer since they need to be able to repair or replace a end at times. If you searched the net long enough you would probably find them but no need when you can just go to a local auto parts store and get a aftermarket watertight connector.
Dont use those crimp on ends they were talking about as they are not water tight and you will have issues down the road guaranteed. Anybody that suggested those should not be touching any wiring instead of that they could have suggested soldering the connections with dual wall heat shrink 100% water tight and guarantee not to fail.

I'll try the local auto parts store, thank you..

I know the dealer would just rather sell a whole wiring harness as opposed to the end peice and when they do repairs, they'd rather do the whole harness as well.

Old 07-02-2019, 03:48 PM
Trailblazer

Auto parts place wasn't a lot of help either....

They gave me a catalogue of their supplier and showed me the section of connectors and told me to see if I could find it lol.. Nothing matched.

I ended up thinking that if I put a new end on the accuator I'd have to cut, connect, solder and water proof the splice.. Seems like more to go wrong than just push the pins into the existing connector and make that joint water tight. So that's what I'm going to try.

My plan is to push the pins into the connector, silicone that snot out of the outside of the connector, put on a heat shrink tube, then electrical tape it. Then zip tie the connection to the frame really well..

My problem now is tht the wire colors are so mis matched that I would be guessing trying to get it together.

Here's the colours

End to the accuator:
Solid Black
SOlid Red
Solid white
White with yellow strip

From the wire harness
Solid black
Solid orange
White with green strip
white with orange strip.

MY only for sure guess is black to black.. There rest, I don't know where to start. I'm not an electrical guy, but I know I could figure it out with a volt meter. My issue is I have no one to slide the switch back and forth while I measure the current. Would be a couple days before I have a hand doing this. Any help ?

Old 07-02-2019, 07:01 PM
Trailblazer

Found a wiring diagram on country cat webstie

Black-Black
Red-Ornge
White-white green
White yellow- white orange