Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

It's incredible, but I have witnesses.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2001 | 06:48 PM
|
Pro Rider

I think I forgot to mention this in my earlier post. The Clutch kit is made by some outfit in Cedar City Utah. Also High Lifter now has a pipe kit for the 500. It's supposed to be really loud and kind of obnoxious.

I checked it out and the jet I installed was a 140.

Old 05-30-2001 | 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

Jim, I'm sorry, I thought you lived up in St. Maries! Yeah, I do know of a dealer in Moscow who has helped me a couple times. If you head out main street, like you're going to Lewiston, you'll come to that brand new intersection thing. I think you'll have to weave around to the right the way it's set up now, then go up a hill, past the A&W on the right. As you drop down the other side of the hill, the 'Cat dealer will be on your right hand side, either just across, or very near the John Deere dealer which is on the left. He's right next to his house and the parking area is not that big, so if you don't look close, you'll drive right on by.

Anyway, last time I was there, he let me borrow a few of his tools while I was swapping my spring spacers the last time. He's a pretty nice guy, helped me out with a couple other things and didn't bother to charge me for his time. Sold me one part at cost-I think for my airbox, but I can't remember for sure now what it was. I think it's called Dale's Boat and Marine if I remember right, but will have to go check for sure. Tell you what though, I'm heading to Moscow here in about a half hour or so, I'll just stop in and buy the jet from him if he's got it, find out exactly what the name and address of the place is, then get back to you.

I'll be sure to let you know when I get a chance to head up that way to go riding, looking forward to it! Best of luck,

Aczr2K:
Thanks for the info-damn, 15 mph top end gain! Man, that might be something Andy could look into, as that's one of the main things he liked about the SP back when he was shopping. A 15mph increase with the milling should put the 'Cat at or above the SP in terms of speed!

Mike

Old 05-30-2001 | 09:10 PM
Trailblazer

TNX Cowboy,that would be great. I live thirty miles so. of ST.M. Forty four no. of Moscow in the jing weeds. Do you know where no. so. ski bowl is? I'm straight across the valley, about the same elevation.
Jim

Old 05-31-2001 | 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

Cowboy and Idahocatman,

I still want to go but the one thing I feared happened. I got a promotion to head football and basketball coach. I get paid $100 more a year to be the one taking all the blame for when things wrong. I'm excited but I really didn't want the job. It is going to be tough. On top of everything else I bought a house and have decided to get maried in December so I have like $20 to my name right now. I really appreciate the thought of inviting us TEXANS up there to meet and hunt with you guys. You guys are welcome to come to Texas and hunt with me anytime. I'll strap you on to a 200 lb wild pig or on to a whitetail in thick cover. Good luck to you guys and your hunt. Please no pictures, it will make me jealous! Thanks again.

Old 05-31-2001 | 02:00 PM
Trailblazer

Tnx for letting us know RT. Anyone else gunna bail out? Was very much looking forward to meeting ya'll.Maybe next year.
Jim