Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance has sued to stop Fillmore ATV Jamboree

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2001, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Hurd this on the radio yesterday, cant find out any thing on the news. what can we do to stop this stuff from happening any attorneys out there?, can we sue the people directly who thru their organization are taking away our rights to use public lands???

Old 05-30-2001, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

If it is true then it will be on the USA-ALL (Utah Shared Access Alliance) or Blue Ribbon Coalition web site. Brian Hawthorne is the Pres of the USA-ALL. He has done a great job in defending our rights to public lands. I suggest that you become a member of these groups to help support their efforts. Other than writing letters to the governer and local representatives their really isn't much we can do.
I know that one of the clubs I belong to has taken Chris Cannon and his family out on the San Rafel Swell to introduce them to ATVing and to let them see the area the enviro freaks are trying to close down. So maybe you could contact your local rep and take him/her out on a ride to introduce them to the sport and the riding areas. So they can see and experience the joy of ATVing first hand.

Old 06-18-2001, 01:50 AM
Range Rover

They had some article in the paper this past week(end). They was trying to stop it but the revenue is much like the jeep safari in Moab. All they can usually do is limit the amount of people in one group on one route. They have done this with poker runs down in the san refeal. Both sides need to understand that this is our land and we must share. The book available at www.marysvale.org is a interesting book about the views of the people of the towns around the piaute trail. If we all take care of the trail and its surroundings a low pressure tire is going to do as much damage as there hiking boots and bicycles do. Its not a enviro issue, it's an access issue.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]