Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

What would your dealer do???

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2001 | 10:16 AM
|
Trailblazer

I have an '01 500 auto Arctic Cat. 250 miles on it. Just had 100 mile check-up done 125 miles ago. I specifically asked the mechanic to open up the drive belt system to check and be sure nothing entered it because I rode in a lot of water/mud. I tool him I wanted to be sure there wasn't any contamination in there. Also had about 3 other things wrong with it, but minor. This dealer happened to be closer to me than the one I bought it off from so I brought it there.

125 miles after the check-up, I begin to hear LOUD belt whining and belt begins to slip on take off. Brought it directly to the dealer I bought it from and two days later they call with results.

Contamination due to sand and grit. Bearing is going in the drive belt system and will have to replace!! After I asked a certified dealer to check it for 100 mile service! The dealer who claims grit is cause of my problems says he won't be able to submit more than about 1/2 cost of parts/labor to Arctic Cat. He made it sound like everything was my fault. Sorry for riding a 4x4 in mud and water. Next time I'll know to buy a 2x4 from them so I don't hurt the poor drive belt set up! Oh yea, I power wash the bike after EVERY ride completely, just to be sure the mud is out of everything - not that that would keep mud/grit from entering drive system, but it's not like I don't clean the heck out of it after every ride.

What would you do if the dealer tried to make you pay while under warranty?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-28-2001 | 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

First I would ask what his reasoning was for only submitting 1/2 the costs? I would then remind him of the warranty and if he is not willing to take care of it then I would call Arctic Cat and let them know how you are being treated by their dealer. If its under warranty then make sure you understand the terms and conditions of the warranty and then make the dealer stick to it.