Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

WOOOO HOOOO !!!! ordered the new 500i today

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2001, 12:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess I'm in a good area for Arctic Cat sales. $6900 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]???. I can get a 500i auto here in NY for $6415 (assuming 200 more for auto than quote I got for man)out the door, w/ Warn winch or $250 in AC accessories, plus 100 mile check-up free. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to set you up with a contact in Albany, NY.

I want to see Arctic Cat do well and even though I have a Honda for the time being, I'm an AC fan at heart!

Old 10-03-2001, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

NYMudder-
OK, dumb question here-from the deal you just posted below, why were you asking us what the ground clearance with rider would be in your other post? From the sounds of that deal, it's as if the machines are already there, so I'm just curious why you didn't measure yourself??? Or, is that some advertised special or something, they don't have the machines yet, but kind of like a special ordering price??? At any rate, that is a great price OTD with winch! Some dealers out here wanted $6399 for the '00 auto when I first bought ours over a year and a half ago now. Luckily I got the pair for just under $5800, but still, that's a pretty good price for an IRS machine with all the features for under $20 more!

So, have you seen the machine? What did you think, and did you get a test ride??? Interested to see how this new beast will do.

Best of Luck,

Mike

Old 10-03-2001, 04:52 PM
Trailblazer

The dealer doesn't have them yet. If he did, I'd have been kicked out of there already for asking to test ride the auto and man too many times!Same as anywhere else, he doesn't expect to have any 'till mid to late Nov. He's getting two man 500i's and 4 auto 500i's. I heard somewhere else that each dealer is only getting 2 of each to start. Maybe he's getting more b/c he's fairly new - don't know. I'm very good friends with another dealer from my hometown and he is only getting two of each. I've seen one '02 500 ACT around these parts so far. Was on the way to somewhere else and couldn't stop, but looked great! Maybe I'll swing by there next time through.

Seems like a great deal he quoted me huh? He offered 5749+tax winch or accessories included and 100 mile checkup free. If I can sell my Rancher for a fair price, you can bet I'll be sitting on a man 500i soon.

Ride Safe,

Old 10-03-2001, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

Damn! $5749! That's less than I paid for my '00 auto! Yeah, I'd say that's a good deal! Heh heh heh, I know what you mean though about getting "kicked out for test riding too much"-I've been offerred to ride the new machines at my dealers, soon as they arrive, but that won't be for a while yet. While I am very excited to ride, I'm also kind of bummed because I won't be buying one-no funding to allow for it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Oh well, I really don't NEED a new 'Cat-mine does everything I ask of it, and I'm very happy with it for that matter, but you know, it's always nice to have a new toy to play with.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you planning on selling the rancher? It's a '02 isn't it? I assume you have selectable 2/4wd? How does the front diff work on it-have you had the "three wheel" thing at all? I've ridden a few Ruby's, and had both of them "three wheel", leaving me stuck on a hill in a precarious position, while both my 'Cats were up at the top, looking down at me laughing. Wasn't a pretty sight, and you can bet I wasn't too happy about it either! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Anyway, with the tires on there, looks like it should do OK for ya?

Well, Best of Luck,

Mike

Old 10-05-2001, 12:45 PM
Trailblazer

Rancher is an 01. It has better than avg HONDA 4x4 action, but still three-wheels on me. I wouldn't mind it so much rock hounding, but it does it going straight through mud too, which will tick me off more than anything. Makes me feel like a 2x4 similarly equipped could follow me.

It's full-time 4x4. No selectable 2-by option there. It's not a problem with Ranchers anyway, b/c they steer quite easy being lighter than 500's. As for the tires, they are the great equalizer. I went with 4 riders I've never ridden with last week. They took me to a place called "Polaris Swamp". Named b/c nothing but Polarises...plural "Polari" ??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] have gone through. First you might ask, has an AC ever tried. Answer is no, but no Hondas have made it. Anyway went through with a little rocking. The Mud Monsters being so wide - 26 x 10.5 x 12 all around, combined with the lighter Rancher went through. There was a guy with a Kawi 650 Praire who wouldn't dare go through b/c it was deep water too (heh heh). Did begin to float so can't say I blame him.

I like the bike in general, but didn't realize just how horrible the seat and suspension are. I rode one a couple times before purchasing, but didn't get to go on a long ride. Yes, I'm coming from the best ride in the business - AC ACT, but I can't handle the huge step down in ride. Ride a Rancher all day on a rocky, root-filled trail and you better have a good chiropractor lined up. Let's put it this way, never had kidneys and back hurt the way they have after riding this thing. Had to buy a kidney belt for long rides and I'm only 28!

Anyway, that is why I want to sell. ES shifting is best thing going, but it doesn't help my innards bouncing all over.

Old 10-05-2001, 08:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

NYmudder....Just out of curiosity, what is the sales tax rate in NY? Also, are there any licenses you need to buy, if so how much?
The $6295 price is pretty much the going rate around here, I checked 5 or 6 different shops and the price varied by $200 - $250.

Thanks!

Otis

Old 10-08-2001, 09:54 AM
Trailblazer

Tax rate is 7%. License fees? You have to register for about $20 if a NYS resident, but out of staters wouldn't have to register.

BTW guys...sold the Rancher already! Just a matter of deciding what to replace her with now. Unless something drastic happens to change my mind, I think I'll go with an '02 AC 500i.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2001, 01:24 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Chunkyboy; I for one enjoy your posts the way you write'm up! It's a chain of thought type of thing, a little difficult to read until you've done it a few times, but quite refreshing and original. Hang tough! Judging from previous posts about your personal life/challenges, that's advice you don't need; you've been doing it for some time. Anyway, just thought I'd take this opportunity to let you know you are appreciated! Keep your 'Cat crawli'n! Later...

Old 10-08-2001, 09:15 PM
Range Rover

Hey Dude I really needed to hear that . Thanks alot every body needs a friend ! I guess we all done things in life , some good some bad ,I know i have , and sometimes i talk to much . BUT i like this forum alot . I like arctic cats to and I love to ride it dont matter where just riding . IT dont matter if im the biggest , fastest , or uglyest long as im there thats whats counts . One day i realized something life to short enjoy while you can a bad day on trail beats a good day in the hospital , hands down . remember JESUS , what he did , tell somebody about it . All the other things be small 2001-400-4x4 2000-250-2x4-1997-220-bayou- 2002-400i-4x4-nov-17-i hope to castr8r