Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Hilifters 500i.......??

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2002, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perfex~

That doesn't surprise me with the angle of the CV, and you can put 28" tires on a stock 660 Grizzly, so I really don't see a need for a lift either. I did hear that Highlifter was working on some sort of rear lift for the 660, but I can't confirm that, and really don't know how it would be done. Thanks for the info. Do you manufacture lifts for 2002 Kodiaks?

SilverBear

Old 01-19-2002, 07:13 PM
Trailblazer

Sure, I make one for the Ultramatic Kodiak, but the front can be lifted at just 0.5 inch. I't better than nothing...

Old 01-23-2002, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

First of all, the HL 660 is very stable. I've personally rode it myself along the very steep "hill" side near the High Lifter Super Store. I was actually able to dismount the ATV on the down side, Putting all my weigh on the lower side, with out the slightest hint of the Grizzly wanting to tip. I was really surprised at how stable it felt. Alot of this is because of the aftermarket wheels and tires it had on it. Even though the tires (28x10.5/12.5 Outlaws) were alot taller than stock, they had more air pressure in them making them less likely to flex and they had a much wider foot print, adding to the overall width of the ATV. As for the wheels, they are not the WIDE OFFSET type, but ITP wheels are naturally more offset than the factory Yamaha wheels adding about two-three inches to the overall width. Overall this was a very stable bike.

As for the 65mph thing, if you turn your wheels at this speed on anything this narrow and tall, I don't care if you have a 2" thick sway-bar or no sway-bar. You are mostlikely gonna roll that thing over.

Now about the 28" tires fitting on the 660 stock, High Lifter's had the SLIGHTLY offset wheels, but I know that when I jumped it that the tires CLEARLY rubbed the back area of the floor borads, or the front parts of the rear fenders.

Old 01-23-2002, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

Boner~

<< ...As for the 65mph thing, if you turn your wheels at this speed on anything this narrow and tall, I don't care if you have a 2&quot; thick sway-bar or no sway-bar. You are mostlikely gonna roll that thing over. >>

I couldn't agree more, I guess my point was, one quad won't go 65 the other will, and given the number of morons out there today, my guess is somebody's going to try it, and you will increase cornering capabilities at the expense of suspension articulation w/a sway bar. Did the Grizz you ride at Highlifter have the rear sway bar on or off? 28&quot; tires do fit the stock 660 Grizzlys. Highlifter's may have a front lift (I don't know but you would) but it doesn't have a rear lift and it has 28&quot; Outlaws on it. Af for rubbing the fenders when jumping it, there are mods you can make for that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Do you know what the preloads on the shocks were set at? With 28&quot; tires I think you would want the preloads most all the way up.

SilverBear