Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

New Pictures!!! -Updated

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look in my signature for the link, go take a look.

Old 04-29-2002, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

Cool pictures! I must laugh though.. you still have a ton of snow! ah hahahha!!! Ours is long gone and now we are enjoying all the MUD!! The trails are dried off though...

anyhoo. luv your cat.. man that thing is wiiiiiiide! Did the new rims have anything to do with the width in the back? They look like normal rims, whereas the stock ones are made the same as front rims. You know what I mean right? i am not a good one for explaining things...

happy riding

newf

Old 04-29-2002, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

Yah we got tons of snow left. It melted, then we got a huge snow storm. Then it melted again and guess what we got a second snow storm, bigger than the first one. Now the snow is starting to disapear, last night we got a tad bit of snow, not much though.

The rims are offset on the rear. I didn't intend to get it that way but the guy who bought the rims for me bought 2 front and 2 rear. ITP makes the rears offset. Not his fault. Oh well. It looks cool. I can't wait to try it out in the mud. The rear measures 59" wides. Its very hard to tip the cat now. I kept the old stockers on the stock rims too. I can't wait to get into the mud with these things.

One thing though with these tires, its very hard to get wheel spin in 2nd gear. I'm not sure if its just the snow sucking up all my power or if it will be this way in mud too? Doesn't matter I'm getting the big bore quad from AC next summer anyways.

We got some mud here, well its more like sand and water mixed in together. Still fun to play in. Lots of slush now too, I like slush.

I sorta get what you meant but I just dedicided to explain allot and type allot so that I might have answered the question you were asking.

I should be able to add more pictures like this on a regular basis, weekends. Thats if we go quading. I know I'll be getting some wicked pictures this summer in the swamps we got here. I can't wait !!! The cool thing about having such a wide stance is that I will never get stuck in ruts again.

Damn this is a long response.

Also the snow is places is easily waist deep !! Good thing the snow packs down nice and solid or else we would of lost that Honda. Hehe

Old 04-29-2002, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

Somewhere in that reply my question was answered. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I do the same thing with replies, you know get off talking about something and before you know it you have a book written. Not a big deal, the whole reason people come on here is to read![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I can't believe someone on this earth likes slush.. or maybe i am the only one who doesn't.. but when i think slush, I think stuck, wet, muddy, and COLD on top of it all! Brrr. I did not have a good experience with it this year..

Look forward to seeing all your riding pics and hearing how your tire setup works. I bet it must turn a lot of heads!

oh yea, as for the snow soaking up power.. I found that too. But even worse is right after the snow melts and the trails turn to mud on the top. about a third of a foot of mud will slow you down like nothing else if you are cruising along. I know this has nothing to do with slow mudding through deep holes.. but just thought i would throw it in. In deeper snow we had to be in lower gears to get going. I found it kind of annoying how it required so much more shifting. that was one time i kinda would have liked to be on an auto.. wait.. no i would never want that! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

newf

Old 04-29-2002, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

I know what you mean about shifting !! After this weekend I feel like getting an automatic. I just hope that the 650, or what ever it is, next year has enough power to turn these big tires in second gear, because if it doesn't I think I might get an auto, I know, the dreaded word in the ATV industry. hehe

Also why isn't there a manufacturer that just makes a quad that will stomp everyone elses to dust? I mean company X makes a new ATV that incorporates all the best attributes in the quading industry. Arctic Cat is almost that company. If they were to put that Kawasaki motor in the 500i frame, make some sort of dual tranny (manual and auto) and put on a locker, holly @$%^ I would wet myself and pay allot for something like that. I'm positive almost all of us would pay for this dream quad. Oh well, guys can dream(women can too.)

Old 04-29-2002, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

Haha!
Well you'll be happy to know that judging by the progress in the industry in the recent past your dream quad will probably be a reality. One thing, though, it won't stomp every other quad to dust.... because they will all be making awsome quads![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] All the buyer has to to is pick! I love imagining my dream quad...... Lets see... Arctic cat... but with the Vinson motor specs.... locker... better stock tires... hmmm this could go on for a while so i better stop there! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

newf

Old 04-30-2002, 08:47 AM
Trailblazer

One of these days you young'uns will grow old and get an automatic - it happens to us all.

Old 04-30-2002, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider

Thay maybe true but when I get old enough for an automatic I don't think quads will be quads anymore. I'm 22 and when I turn 40 or so then quads might be banned from use or maybe they will be floating. hehe

I think we all should buy an extra quad and store it under ground for when that time comes. Everyone in the future will be walking in the woods avoiding the wet spots from last weeks rain or hovering around mud holes with their floating quads. While we will be digging up our new quads from our secret hideout and ripping by those people in the mud. Oh and don't forget to buy 1000 gallons of gas and some Radial outlaws.

Old 04-30-2002, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

Even more new pictures !! Well they are new to here but old to me. Old but new.