Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Belt Slippage on the Automatic

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2002 | 11:42 PM
Range Rover

Just rumers tg1 , heard some on forums and something I heard from a little cat , cant say yet just wait till junes over , If they build a quad that is built for 2 people seating there will be no leagle issue at all , thats where they get you , all quads are biult for one person from the factory, it will be just like a 2 passanger motorcycle , are a 2 passenger snowmobile , get it , cant wait either ,

chunky

Old 05-08-2002 | 01:35 AM
Trailblazer

Immature- I did get mud in my 2000 500 Auto Cat one time; it was a serious stuck! When I did get pulled out, it performed normally- no slippage of any kind. A couple of weeks later, I heard funny ( not really!) noises from the trans cover. When I pulled the cover, I discovered a locked up support bearing and the other one turning rough. The tranny was full of dust from the mud and slop that had run in the trans exhaust port. When I replaced the bearings, I put a thick layer of water resistant grease over the seal. It did do the job of protecting the bearing from the water it ingested on several occasions- I pulled the cover to check on it this spring. Since then, I've cobbled together a snorkle of sort to raise the tranny exhaust port, and have had no more problems.

Chunkyboy- Spill the beans- what is the rumor you heard? There are sure a load of them flying over the 'Net about what A-C will do to get a big quad on the trails. I hope they don't go too radical on engine size. I think it'd be tougher than nails if they'd go with bigger, more aggressive tires on a factory machine and give more warranty time.
L8r, 8r