Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Honda vs Arctic Cat

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think the best thing for you to do is to just stop talking. your posts don't make sence.

here i got a story for you. my friend on his sp700 got stuck (hung up) and this little ant had a leaf on his head and it was riding some sort of ATV (i don't know what brand) it was about 1/32 of an inch long and it went up and over the stump like it was nothing, man i tried to stop the little fella, but he just kept going, i was also stuck on my Kodiak, and i couldn't leave it in the woods and go get him so he got away!! darn

Old 08-27-2002, 10:50 AM
Range Rover

This copied from another AC post:

Hey guys, take a look before you ride again if this pertains to your model. Don't want to see anyone hurt!

WASHINGTON -- A Minnesota company is recalling about 45,000
all-terrain vehicles because a mechanical problem can cause them to overturn,
resulting in injuries.

The ball joints on the front suspension of these ATVs can fail, causing drivers
to loose control, the Consumer Product Safety Commission said.

Arctic Cat Inc., of Thief River Falls, has received 73 reports of broken front
suspensions, including 10 reports of injuries, the agency said.

The recalled 2002 model ATVs are red or green and have the name ``Arctic
Cat'' written on both sides.

The recall includes ATV model names 250, 300, 300 Massey Ferguson, 375,
400, 400 i, 500, TBX 500 and 500i. The model name is on the front below
the speedometer.

Arctic Cat dealerships sold these ATVs from June 2001 through June 12,
2002, for between $4,000 and $6,500.

The government said consumers should stop using these ATVs. For more
information, ATV owners can call the company toll-free at 1-800-210-5941
between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. EDT Monday through Friday.

Old 08-27-2002, 12:41 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

I talked to the dealer, its the same old recall, the government just is a couple months behind.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2002, 11:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Don't mean to be difficult, and I have an AC myselfm but as far as which is the better quad, Honda or AC, take a look through the various Honda and AC forums. The AC forums are full of posts complaining about AC machines always breaking. The Honda forums are with some exceptions of course, full of posts just talking about the machines with few complaints.

Bob

Old 09-03-2002, 01:05 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

I don't know, I've seen a fair share of problems posted on the Honda forums. Most of the forums are used as an info/brain storming secession to discuss problems. Every brand has troubles; it all depends on how a person rides and how the machine is maintained.

Old 09-04-2002, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

(*groan*) hasn't this one been run into the ground? I tried this simple non scientific test, scanned the first page posts for honda and cat here. One serious cat problem, a broken axle. One serious problem on the honda list - broken axle. Plus the usual knick-knacks that happen to machines that get thrashed in the woods. There you have it, at least something that can be verified, not a lot of 'my brother says' innuendo that has no factual basis. Note that the Yamaha/Kaw/Polaris types don't do the same, though one could alternately admire or nitpick their machines, depending upon what your agenda is. And I still wonder if I wouldn't be better off with a grizz, SP700, or prairie... each is outstanding in its own way.

Curiously enough, Cat and Honda owners get their machines for similar reasons - they tend to be more purposeful, more work oriented, more substance than flash. I'd like to think that, as a reflection of good manners, us kitty herders don't tend to hang out on the honda list and publish a lot of made up examples and scenarios that have no basis in fact. Might we expect the same? Getting on someone else's list and tossing out uninformed opinions and farcical statements is just plain bad taste, and does not reflect well upon the Honda community.