Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Question on tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 10:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on tires

I just thought of one more thing, Cat500i I have read several of your posts about how your see the benefits of a locked diff. As do I, wish I had one. The advantage I see is that all four tires spin TOGETHER and there is no difference in tire spin between all 4 tires as their might be in the case of a diff. Maybe this analogy will help you understand my logic better.

Old 04-01-2003, 01:52 AM
Range Rover

it is not like i am promoting or trying to get you to run the same size tire all the way around. i said in my first post "that running 26" tires was a risk that i was willing to take." i chose the 26" tires because i didnt think i could pull the 27" in the back and i didnt have the money for 27's so i compromised and made the best out of MY situation. i am happy with my tires and the performance of my AC300.

Old 04-01-2003, 01:07 PM
Trailblazer

racnooc, my biggest quam was with your post in the "300 4x4 tire option". You were giving someone else tire advise and didnt explain to them why you had choosen 26 all around. By all means that is your decision and if it work, great. But maybe the person isnt "willing to take the risk". There are people of all experience levels and ages in the post (its obvious) and you need to be aware that you might know more than the peron reading your post, so you need to explain yourself very well, before someone would go off and duplicate what you have done. They need ot understand all associated benefits and Cons (which they most certainly exist with any mod). If you have done soemthing to your bike (modification) you shoudl become an expert and be able to give adivice that doesnt always mean recomending to others doing what you have done, if mod fails in some way tell us about it. When someone posts dotn reply with a sentence that gets no one anywhere. I realize I get long winded and write too much but still I really enjoy hearing what others have to say, so speak up. (I didnt intend for that to be a pep talk shout most of your are older than me and for sure you are more mature than me).

Racnooc, would you recomend the same size all around? If so what are the advantages?

I really hope I am not coming off to strong on this topic guys, I really appreciate reading all your responses I have learned alot from this frum and do not want any bad blood.

Old 04-01-2003, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer

i dont know if this is the answer your looking for but if you disengage four wheel drive except when you need it you can theoretically put any size tire combonation front and back cause when you do need/use four wheel drive your tires are going to be spinning any way so the "gearing " doesn't really matter them.

Old 04-03-2003, 05:06 AM
Pro Rider

hi i just joind up and iv been reading allot about tires i have a 2003 arctic cat manual with gator 28x12x12s on the backand 28x10x12s on the front and i think this is a exelent all terrane tire iv gone threw mud snow over dowend trees allmost everything and i never notist any loss in power in the lower gears if anything it hasmore power because it puts the power to the ground now where as befor it would just spin any ways this is my first atv and i love it atvs rule.