Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Tranny Trick

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny Trick

I finally got all my pics of this MOD together and uploaded!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

For those of you with an AUTO CAT that are looking for a more LOW end grunt, there is a MOD for you.

This MOD comes from MINEHUNTER...who I haven't seen on the CONNECTION in awhile. So I will give credit where credit is DUE!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] This is .Minehunter's Tranny Trick the original post.
I will link to a couple other threads: Mod Review Cowboys Procedure

When I did this Mod I thought I would add to Minehunter's and Cowboy's work a few PICS....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
For anyone who may be interested....here's the link....Tranny Trick Pics

This oughta give you plenty of info if you are thinking about a "home-made clutch kit".

Old 05-03-2003, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tranny Trick

Great post!

Old 05-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Tranny Trick

Ive clutched more Cats then i can count (sleds), this is a good way to get more preload but i can also tell you after getting the Dalton spring (thru a dist that doesnt charge $19.95 shipping) its perfect. HPE will be carrying it soon also so if your taking it apart, get the spring they have, you wont be dissapointed.

Old 03-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Trailblazer
Default Tranny Trick

Fango/Manhunter I have been reading your post on May 03. I am thinking on doing this to my 03 400i auto, and was wondering if you can give me an up date. How has the tranny trick worked for you so far?
Do you know how this comparers to a store mod for the tranny? I know $$$$$ is one big factor. But it sounds like it does the same thing, is this true?
Any information would be great. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2004, 05:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default Tranny Trick

Anton.....there was a thread a couple of days ago on the tranny trick. I can't compare to the store bought kit. I haven't looked at what's out there. Mainly because I don't need it anymore. I wouldn't mind checking out a new spring to see if it would give me "anything".

But to answer your question....it works great. I don't know if your running big rubber or not but if you are that's when you'll notice the biggest difference.

I say go for it and worst case scenario....you change it back....only costs you a little time.

Let me know how it goes.

Old 03-11-2004, 08:23 AM
Pro Rider
Default Tranny Trick

Snochopper, where did you get the spring from, and what did it cost, (cdn) and did it make more of a difference after the tranny trick? I have done the trick and still want more (doesnt everyone?), I want to get a clutch kit but might have to settle for a new spring for now. Thanks.

Old 03-16-2004, 08:48 AM
Trailblazer
Default Tranny Trick

Fango
Did the tranny trick? I have already did the muff mod and put a k&n in. Was able to pop the front up no problem.
Now with the tranny trick it seems to be harder to get up in the air. May be its the driver? But would like to have it wheelie. I find that with the tranny trick you can feel the low-end power and would see the good of that in the mud.
Now I will put on a set of mud lites and see what happens. Do you have any other mods that will help me wheelie? Thanks

Trending Topics

Old 03-17-2004, 04:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default Tranny Trick

Sorry Anton I don't really know any MODS to help you wheelie.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]