ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Tri z dies after a few mins!! plz help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 03:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tri z dies after a few mins!! plz help?

none of the fuel lines go anywhere near the exast or hot parts of the engine! fules definatly getting to the carb! would the gap in the exast pipe cause this problem? i heard that 2 strocks need back pressure or something!!?!

Old 02-02-2004, 03:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Yes the expansion chamber, helps the flow of gases in and out the motor. get that gap sealed up, and let us know how it works then.

Old 02-03-2004, 02:13 AM
Trailblazer

hey it sounds likt your runnign lean an on the pipe it sounds liek a problem with jettign and did u take a compression reading yet? and does it loose power and then fall flat on it's face? well find out how much co mpression it has any where over 80 lbs should make it run and what about a crank leak woufdl cause it to run lean but it could also be a mainproblem since the fuel pump is run of fof crankcase pressure? check your crankcase for leaks by runnign a leakdown test and see what happens with that? i knwo thats what the problem wa son my 85 tri-z i had but mine was also highly modified.

Old 02-07-2004, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

THis sound slike a typical case of coil or cdi crap out,bike gets hot,coil quits,bike cools down coil works.Gms ha this problem w starters.I would also check for air leaks on abike this old.when bike quits take plugs out ground it to cylinder dont touch the wire sears makes spark plug spark testers so does snap on.If spark is yellow,orange any other color then blue get a new plug if it still is ya have a weak spark which is most likely do to coil or cdi failure.if its blue timing good be off or engine might not be getting fuel or getting it in erratic manner.THis sounds like a coil failure tho let me know how ya made out an good luck.Nothing sucks more when ya itching to ride an bike is acting like a retarded ape gone bats.1 more thing when I went to automotive school I had proffessor tell class a little joke he learned when he was younger he use to say what do Ya get when U mess w the CIA/ya get F*CKed.His lil Formula was just that compression,ignition air leaks an fuel is last thing u check.he said guys always go for fuel 1st not even bother to check the basics then there whining bout it until some 1 points em in right direction hence the cia/F theory.

Old 02-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

when my tri z now does is it dies for 1/2 a second then jult back into life then die for another half a sec ect for about 10 times and then finally dies!! also if i pull the clutch in when it's dieing and just put the throttel on a little bit it will rev right up (it becomes very sensitive) the moment i try and put it into drive it will die!! if it starts to die i can keep it going if i keep it on quarter throttle and out of gear!!!!
thx for all your help
jc

Old 02-12-2004, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

if it dies when u go to put it in gear it sounds like the idle mixture screw or idle speed screw needs to be raised to compensate when load is put on engine by putting it in gear

Old 02-12-2004, 01:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

its fine normally with its clutch untill i've been riding it for a few mins then its throttle becomes very sensitive! and it dies