ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

ATC vs. quad kill stories

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATC vs. quad kill stories

hey guys...i been thinkin about movin to louisiana, hows the job market down there....? i know atv ing must be more accepted than it is up here...southeastern ny...but i want to own a nice peice of land that i can ride on and build a track or two....and maybe a mudpit. ---oh...want a quad kill story? when my big red used to burn as much oil as gas, i was riding with some people on some larger 4x4 atvs. one lady with prairie got hi centered in a snow drift, and i was the only one with a tow rope. they all laughed when i started to hook it up, but i put it in low range and had someone stand on the racks. that 200 pulled that prairie out like nothing. dragged it, who knew these things had a 700lb towing capacity...

Old 03-09-2004, 03:22 AM
Pro Rider

Funny you should ask. The reason that I live in Washington right now is just that. I'm making alot more money here than I could make in Louisiana. Still, it depends what you do. Can you farm?

Seriously though land is very cheap and houses are cheap in Louisiana. Gotta be tough though to take the summer heat (100+ and yes it feels hotter than that) People even install air conditioning on there quads in Louisiana. Lol

Louisiana is an awesome place to ride. It is flat as a pancake and has swamps to boot if that is your thing.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

Most quads see the azz end of my faster 200X on the trials.

Old 03-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

we will see drag

Old 03-10-2004, 12:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

I've ridin my 350X a couple of time with Warrior's and have showed them up on all aspects of trail riding. Would like to see what the outcome would be in a drag race. I know for a fact my 350X will out run a Warrior from a stand still through the gears, I don't know about topend though.
Mark D.

Old 06-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

my 84 200s will beat my friends 96 220 bayou off the line and at topend

Old 06-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was out riding this past weekend, there was a combination of just about any 4-wheeler you could think of on the trails from 250 ReCon's on up with 4x4's and all.
We meaning myself and my brother who both have 350X's asked if we wanted to go to an area with hill climbs, jumps, mud holes, etc. So, we said sure we'll go and when arrived we looked at each other said they call these hill climbs haha. Wasn't much, and there was a pretty good mud hole only the 4x4's were going through, so I said what the heck I can only get stuck right Naa right through there ruts sideways no problem. They were impressed and surprised I made it. 3-wheels are as good if not better than 4x4...........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

On an even better kill story, I just finished restoring a stock YTM 125 and the thing is a blast to play around on. I was out riding with my nephew who has a 250 ReCon and I left him in the dust (smoke ha ha) on a straight away in the trails, I was surprised to say the least how responsive that little 125 was and that my nephews ReCon couldn't catch the little Yamaha on a flat trail.

Old 06-29-2004, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

Ive been plain old fashen whooped by a coulple 330 trikes on alky. But only because they always get me off the line. damm light trikes. I'm gonna have to get me one before its too late.

Old 06-29-2004, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

Two weeks ago, i lined the 200m up with my neighbours 93 blaster...from stand still to about 300ft later..(comes to a cross road) i had about 3 lenghts on him and and big ol' red never gave up.....funny part was he said he missed a gear lol...if he missed a gear..i woulda had like 6 lenghts on him lol...cuz after the race we switched bikes and i went ripping around on his blaster...the thing has some power, but u gotta rev it to the moon to go get any power..i think in top and speed i would be left in the dust..nothign a little gear change cant handle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2004, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

My 85 ATC 250R is bone stock. I think I have kicked alittle dust up in the face of just about every kind of quad. I can beat a stock banshee in 300ft. but in 400ft. It gets a little dusty. About a month ago I got beat by a new yfz with the gyt-r pipe and stuff on it, but only by 2 lengths and then he wouldn't race me anymore. The ATC 250R feels like a rocket coming out of the hole. I wish I could get my banshee to hook up like it does.

Quick Reply: ATC vs. quad kill stories