ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

ATC vs. quad kill stories

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 02:12 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATC vs. quad kill stories

I have a 1985 250sx and its faster than a stock 300ex, 250ex, 250x, blaster, and one time i beat a 350x but it was all rider. do you know of any way to convert the front end to disc brake?

----------------------------
04 TRX450R Stage 1 LRD kit
01 Banshee tricked out by pro circuit
85 ATC 250SX
87 Toyota PU 4wd 350 stoker 750 HP [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2004, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

put a front end from a 200x or 350x on it.

Old 07-04-2004, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

PlatinumDogg - is that a 69 Judge in your pics?
I have a few 70 Judge's in my profile....too bad they werent in my garage
It will be one day! :-)

Old 07-05-2004, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pimp250r
PlatinumDogg - is that a 69 Judge in your pics?
I have a few 70 Judge's in my profile....too bad they werent in my garage
It will be one day! :-)
Yes it is Mr. Pimp...69 Judge.....my favorite car[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]..i know..i want one soo bad
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Trailblazer

I wrote this once about our old 200s;

Exclamation A 200s story................

A long time ago I originally posted this on a board that is no longer up..
------------------------------------------------

I'm fairly new to atc's,a friend of mine wanted to get some people together and go riding one weekend !
We met at his house early one saturday morning.I was there first,I rode my 85 200s honda there from my place about 10 miles away.
He has a few polaris 4-wheelers,I got the s from him on a atc 70 swap.
After a while in came a pick-up with a new cr-250 in the back ! While he was unloading it the kid ( about 22 ?) was explaining all the engine and suspension modifications it had.
Next a blue blurr arrives at about 70 m.p.h.!!Another kid ( 19 ), this time on a 660 raptor..
Well there I was....feeling a little small. My lil ol 200s in the midst of all these $5000 + machines....And I was supposed to ride with these guys in there territory ?
After a while the raptor guy comes over and says " Hey I know that trike ! That things hurt a lot of people.There isnt anything that will go thru the mud and snow better !"
It turns out the lil s has somewhat of a reputation around here..
I started to feel better and off we went.About a 10 mile ride up the twisty turny gravel mountain roads.
We arrived at a gated area ,that opened up to a absolutly giganic off road riding haven.Tight dirt trails,roots,trees,ruts and rocks. A dream come true,gentle to insane hillsides,ponds,rest areas,beutiful views and scenery.The trail system was extreme and emence.
The cr and raptor guys started ripping it up,eating up terrain in big chunks.jumping everything in sight.Up and Down,gobbling the the tarmac.Thats amazing to see, good riders on expensive equitment doing there thing!
Time to join the fun ! Wheelies',turning left to go right,cookies,creek crossings,and two wheeling on the s ! Oh yea,to much fun !
I spotted a awsome looking pond. Clear water with a nasty looking mud bottom !
They were all playing up above, I lined up and went for the bog.I got about 5 trike lenths and Ooops....stuck , spin,spin, spin!
I simply hopped off the trike and thottled the gas and it walked itself right out the rest of the way !
My freind with the polaris 4x4 came over and seen the tracks in the pond, off he went,straight into the mud.
He got about 2 lenths and got really stuck big time.He went nowhere fast, sunk it 1/2 way up the quad and the belt drive started slipping after a while!
Good thing he had a warn winch because boy did he need it !Without one I think he would still be there !
Time to head out! They took me to the long,steep,sweeping breaks along the mountain-side going down to the river. They side-hilled along for a while. All I could do is lean way over at a 45 +degree angle and the trike was going downwards only. After a while, I just walked it along. Then pointed it straight uphill,leaning way over the front tire,I powered up & out of there!! I think it took me there to see if I would loose it!
Next came the trail riding. These guys knew this trail system down pat! It was my 1st time there. They all started out at full speed, windy-twisty, up & down, crossroads! Off shoots!
Where the heck am I???? . All I could do is follow the dust & tire marks, I didn't want to loose them or I could be there forever!! . Eventually, I came up & ended up going by the Polaris, Even caught sight of the bike! Soon, I even got up to them in time. They tried to loose me but I was on them like stink! . I don't know why but I stayed out with them until the end. We waited 15 minutes for the Polaris . The trail sys. must have been perfect for the S & the big dogs just couldn't stretch their legs ! After a rest, the CR & Raptor Boys switched bikes. The Raptor guy says his old EX 400 was better! He wants to get a 4 stroke Yamaha cycle! After they switched, It didn't take long he endoed the CR, It looked terrible ! He felt like it. Boy, did it slow him down. Broken Rib, I think, He rolled it going down-hill. It was a much slower ride back down The mountain. I had a great time all day, Now I know another great riding place. Can't wait 'till it warms up & I'll go back again, this time, with the X ........................

Troll

Old 07-07-2004, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

wow i sat here and read the whole story. Sounds like a good day of fun.

Old 07-08-2004, 04:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

IHAVE A 750 BANSHEE(TRINITY BUILT SOME OF IT)IT RUNS ON METHANOL, HAS DIRECT DUAL PORT NOS, GEARING IS 10/35, ALL LONESTAR COMPONETS, AND IS UN BEATIN SO WHEN YOU GET YOUR "SHEE" DONE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SOME STATS ON IT PLEASE HAPPY RIDDIN

Old 07-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

Well, this past wednesday i raced against a 400 Kodiak?..it was a 400 something anyways..it had a pipe, filter and jetted..it was pretty darn loud too..This guy thought he was the **** ripping around on it.....

So, we got met up cuz he got stuck in some mud pond and i helpd him out....i was like nice machine man...hes like yeah, its pretty fast...i was like how fast....hes like faster than yours and im alright, u think so...hows$ 20 sound/??and he said ok and we went to this gravel road just behind this local c-store(we live more out in the country, so to speak)

We lined up, and it was about 400ft long till the road turned into ashpault and went down to this river......off the line he was ahead of me, but as soon as my front wheel touched down i layed into it, through 3rd and 4th we were even, but after i hit 5th i was gone, musta had about 4 lenghts on him[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]...good night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Boy, he was sure pissed off that he had to fork 20 bones over lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]..good part was i didnt have any cash with me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer

i have a 83' 200E big red (AKA Old Betsy). people say its junk b/c it looks like junk but when they ride it they talk about how much ***** it has. i paid $100 for and put $215 in parts- chain and sporkets. it seems like it has 3 wheel stearing b/c the back bearings are gone so the axle moves around. its unstopable. i drive across ponds with no problem. the only thing i have to worry about is flipping over when floating. people say atc arent safe but honestly i feel safer on my Old Betsy than any quad.

Old 03-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

I thought I'd revive this old thread. Maybe some folks have some new stories to add. I really enjoyed some of these.

Quick Reply: ATC vs. quad kill stories