ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Major vibration problem??

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major vibration problem??

alright..ill be going at like 1/4 throttle or less in any gear and this thing is like vibrating the crap out of me..it has never vibrated this much before..but once you get pass half throttle it seems to go away and the ride is smooth..but like if you let off the throttle and it gets to about where 1/4 throttle would be persay..it starts to do that again, but if i flick it up into the next gear and hold it, by disengaging the clutch, the vibration goes away..what could be doing this..its a real pissoff?? anyone

Old 05-18-2004, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it seems like it's coming from the chassis rear, I'd check the axle bearings, chain and sprockets. Make sure the four bolts that hold the bearing carrier to the swingarm are tight as your chain tension will be all over the place if they're not. If seems to be coming from the engine, I'd check for loose, broken or missing motor mounts and bolts.

Old 05-18-2004, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

ohh sorry man..i guess should have been more specififc...my trike had a drive shaft, doesnt got a chain or anything like that..maybe KNOWS would know?

Old 05-19-2004, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

anyone know what this could be?

Old 05-20-2004, 02:18 AM
The Facility

Look at your front engine mounting plates. See if one of those is cracked.

If the mounts check out OK, follow the two lower front rails, where they run under the engine and check them for cracks.

Every problem with vibration that I have ever encountered on a 185 or 200 regardless of model have almost always been due to one of the problems that I listed above.

On the frame rails themselves, if you can't see on the bakside of it, have someone rev the engine and touch the framerail with a screwdriver. Then go to the other side and check for the same thing and see if one side vibrates more than the other.

Old 05-22-2004, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

update..the front plate was somewhat loose...so i tightend it and i though i was golden..wrong!! went for a spin and now revving over half throttle in gear and this thing went vibrating crazy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]..so i slapped her on the work bench..ripped the rear diff. apart and found gear oil all in side the UV joint tube thing area...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]..so main bearings on the axle were grinding bad from metal shavings everywhere and the bearing that supports the smaller gear attached to the drive shaft was done....the seal on it was gone too so not a pretty situation..so now i have to replace the stopper that screws above that bearing for the small gear, both main axle bearings...and i not sure what else..i think pretty much it...if anyone knows what this might cost...i live in canada so if u put it in us dollars just tell me...any help would be awesome[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2004, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

ohh also..i will post pictures most likely tomorrow of the rear end apart