ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

why do u love trikes...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 10:45 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why do u love trikes...

i love trikes because i started riding them when i was 5 and still ride them while im 30. it takes a skill not to flip them to the front left or right. i ride quads too but it feels like your limited in performance as far as using your body weight to turn, or even pop the front end up when you need too. if you dont know what im talking about then you really havent been on a trike long. i have an 85R, 82R & an 87 shee. the shee and 82 are guest bikes & 85 is my baby

Old 11-27-2004, 11:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

I love trikes because that is what i learned to ride on and because most of my family think they are to dangerous.

Old 11-28-2004, 12:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

The thrill of poppin wheelies in almost every gear. SPEED!!!

Old 11-28-2004, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

WHEELIES DONT REALLY HAPPEN, I RACED MINE BEFORE ALL I DO IS LEAN AND NO WHEELIES.

Old 11-28-2004, 10:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

ahh my friend you have much to learn...

#1 Put a helmet on! there is no reason not to and a ton of reasons why you should.
#2 All trikes do wheelies, and very redealy, that is one of the reasons people love them... just look at it in physics terms... two traction wheels with a powerfull drive motor, a light front end... all's you have to do is sit back and give her gas and the front end will pop up... on ANY trike...(i have done this on my ATC 110, 350x and 250r) if you dont know that then you dont know trikes

Old 12-14-2004, 03:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hmmm.... I would have to say that I love trikes cause the skill level required to ride one properly is a cut above the ordinary than a quad. My grandmother can ride a quad lol!!! I take my trikes riding and i get looks of admiration and lotz of offers to race but very seldom do i get hate issues or anything cause i am riding a trike... its really fun racing quads on a tight track lol!! Course I live in a small town and trikes used to be popular here. People I gew up with recognize the skill level required to ride one. My 15yr old daughter has hijacked my 250sx, the quads not fun enough for her anymore, so I guess I got to get busy and finish my 200x for me to ride now. she dont want nothing to do with her '03 polaris quad anymore lol!!! Wheelies do happen... me and my daughter drag all the time, me on the sx, her on the polaris trail blazer. I sit on the gas tank on the 250sx and its wheelie 1st, 2nd. settles down in third and by 4th gear the polaris is toast by 6-8 quad lengths.... If u draggin an not getting a wheelie on a tri u either r not hooking up, or u have an extended swingarm... I guess I going to heaven with a permenant impression of my gas cap on my butt lol!!!! Later dudes.. Nice forum... lookin forwards to chattin with some of u... been lurkin for awhile here!!

Old 01-20-2005, 02:41 PM
Trailblazer

I would have to say i love trikes because, They take skill and they are more of a challange than 4 wheeles i get tired of hearing people call trikes sh*tty just because they here there tippsy, and rolling is have the fun of riding, people go on what they here about 3 wheelers and havent never rode on in there lives. Not only are 3 wheelers more of a challange but they are a lot more fun that a quad. If some one offered me a brand new 4 wheeler, or a old trike, i would take the trike in a heart beat , call me crazy but i love the feeling of getting on a trike and wooping 4 wheelers as*es. Raced my friend on time hand a brand new 350 wolv. he got it broke in and he said he could smoke the 200x's as if it was sitting still so me and him got geared up helmet all the safty stuff, we had another guy say go. i took off in wheelie through 3rd gear and sat it down. wooped him didnt never talk bad about 3 wheelers again. but the point is trikes=PoWeR, FaSt, all motor,and lots of fun.

Old 01-21-2005, 03:35 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Hey you trike guys, check out the last picture on my page.

Old 01-21-2005, 05:48 AM
Pro Rider

LOL, that's funny. Hey, that LT500/CBR1000, did you buy that chassis from me for $500 a few years back?

Old 01-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh man I love Trikes, it takes a lot more skill to ride them. I will always have a special place in my heart for them because that is what I grew up on since I was 5yrs. old. My dad used to have some old ATC, a 200x, and a ATC250R! Wish I could of got the R, but it got sold when I was younger. I will have one in my stable whenever I find a nice one for a fair price.

Quick Reply: why do u love trikes...