ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

tecate vr banshee

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 11:46 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tecate vr banshee

tecate for sure. i heard they were fastest stock quad in production ever. faster than lt or honda 250r

Old 10-22-2005, 03:24 AM
Pro Rider

You meant 3 wheeler right?

Old 10-22-2005, 12:36 PM
Trailblazer

well the tecate had more hp stock than a 250R and it came with 39.9 in its finest year. and the 250R went 82 or something and the tecate went like 85 i've been told. and from experience tecates are faster than most 250R's. but ive never seen a 'shee and tecate go head to head. atleast....this race would be interesting as hell.

Old 10-23-2005, 01:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

i take it not to many of you have ridden a t3 tecate. they are violently fast, i would have no doubt that a stock banshee would have its *** handed to itself by a tuned and strong running tecate.

go over to 3ww and look at some of the forums regarding victories tecates have had. a banshee would be toast.
remember, its not about pure hp, its power to weight ratio. tecates are wayyyyy lighter, im placing my cash on the tec.

Old 10-23-2005, 04:36 PM
Range Rover

they are fast but not that fast. And i dont think it woulld kill and banshee, but i do think it would be a good race stock for stock. All in all the waterpumper250R's are the badest trike ever made period! Whats up monster im BigAir660R over on 3WW.

Old 11-05-2005, 12:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

I see in your heading you swaped out lt500 motor into 86 250 frame. I have just done the same and I have had no trouble fitting the motor but I can not find a pipe that will work. so could you let me know what you used? Is their any other obstacles or problems I should look out for.

Thanks for you time.

Old 11-05-2005, 02:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

here's a pic of my old bike..
my quad
well i searched.. dont look like i can actually "post" a pic in here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].. oh well..

you can buy a Trinity side pipe.. i had a STE pipe for a while, i think they're outta business.. or renamed their business..

that pipe in the picture is actually a custom pipe my dad built... altho my favorite pipe is the one my dad uses on his quad.. also custom built by him.. havent found a better side pipe yet. unfortunately he wont make any for anyone else..

ohh some of you might laugh at the huge silencer on there, but it passed oregon dunes sound laws and didnt hurt performance [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

90 % of you guys were not even born when the T-3 came out. Its all "I heard" or "I read" get real.

Go back to reading back issues of your favorite mags. There is not ONE T-# now adays that will run with either of my banshees

Go figure!

RoostKing...

Old 11-11-2005, 09:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

My Tecate 3whlrs will kill any Banshee that isnt stroked/sleeved or on alky in a straight line, they have kx cylinders, 41mm flatslides, have big bore kits cut piston extreme porting over 200psi compression with various length swingarms and whatever type pipe I need. If the banshee has a bigger engine than stock I would go for the KX540 Tecate-3 thats hand made. And if the Banshee is maxed out I go for my Fast by Gast, alky burning, nitrous injected h2750 powered Tecate, how far does this have to go? Anyway, stock vs stock the 3whlr is faster in a straight line if you can launch it, and thats a big if, I cant. Last week I was racing the kid next doors GSXR750 with my KX540 tecate and the left rear blew out while I was smoking em in third. Way to much is just about enough.......

Old 11-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: Tectoo
My Tecate 3whlrs will kill any Banshee that isnt stroked/sleeved or on alky in a straight line, they have kx cylinders, 41mm flatslides, have big bore kits cut piston extreme porting over 200psi compression with various length swingarms and whatever type pipe I need. If the banshee has a bigger engine than stock I would go for the KX540 Tecate-3 thats hand made. And if the Banshee is maxed out I go for my Fast by Gast, alky burning, nitrous injected h2750 powered Tecate, how far does this have to go? Anyway, stock vs stock the 3whlr is faster in a straight line if you can launch it, and thats a big if, I cant. Last week I was racing the kid next doors GSXR750 with my KX540 tecate and the left rear blew out while I was smoking em in third. Way to much is just about enough.......
Got any pics of these machines?

I'd say there is a few fast Tecate's out there. It would just be hard to compete with a shee with all the aftermarket items out there.

Quick Reply: tecate vr banshee