ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

yamaha three wheeler- good bad or ugly

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 01:40 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yamaha three wheeler- good bad or ugly

hello im looking at buying a 200 three wheeler i got a few four wheelers never owned a three wheeler was wondering how they ride, tippy etc, your opinions would be great. thanks kris also pretty dependable? this one is a 200 shaft

Old 09-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Range Rover

As with anything, the more posts you have making contact the more stable it will be. So yes, in comparison to your quads it will be much more unstable, but this is overcome with time on the trike. However, they are more manuverable...shorter stance, tighter turning radius, etc. Mind if I ask how much for the trike?

Old 09-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Range Rover

thanks for the reply my partner at work his dad has it been sitting in his garage for along time its a 83 yamaha tri moto 200 shaft he cleaned her all up seems like it runs great no smoke or strange sounds plastic looks new, tires need to be replaced has they have alot of dry rot from sitting his dad wants to get around 500 for it seems fair to me, also electric start just clicks i thinking battery may need to be replaced also. i do alot of trail and woods road riding mostly fishing and hunting and this thing looks like it would be perfect for that i dont drive fast so speed is of no concern to me, can you tell me how this trike would work for trails and woods? are they ok climbing hills if you lean up on the front like a quad? never owned one. thanks kris

Old 09-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Range Rover

oh also forgot to add my buddy said he thought the trike had no rear suspension shock i never looked is this true how would it ride with no rear suspension? thanks kris

Old 09-19-2005, 06:14 PM
Trailblazer

I have had 3 wheelers with no rear susp and ide never go back to them. A full susp 3 wheeler is the way to go!!!.

Old 09-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Range Rover

From the sound of it, $500 sounds relatively reasonable. Others can be had for much less, but who knows the hidden surprises. I currently own a trike w/no rear suspension, and it does just fine for me. I like to fish and hunt w/mine as well. As far as climbing hills, shouldn't be a problem at all. Nothing better than throwing your pole and tackle box on the back and going trekking for unadulterated water to fish.

Old 12-06-2005, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

three wheelers are great they just tip over alot my causin was going fast and turned sharp tiped it over into a tree it was a mess

Old 12-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

id say its a pretty good deal. the rear suspension would be nice but i think u'll have a blast on it anyways. just watch out when turning ur first couple of times, its pretty tricky if ur not used to it. good luck and tell us how the deal goes.

Old 02-08-2009, 02:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default yamaha three wheeler- good bad or ugly"></title><script src=

I have the same wheeler. It is very reliable. I'm selling mine right now for 600. I need the money other wise I would keep it. I can go every where my friends do on their 4x4s. You work a little harder, but I enjoy riding it. I read the post about it not having a rear suspension. Thats true. If your sitting you feel EVERY bump. I air down my tires in the rear to help absorb some of the trashing. LOL I stand a lot of the time. If your running hard your not sitting on the seat anyways. Once you learn how to ride it you will feel very comfortable on it. Its like any other ATV you know your machines limits and if your push them you will probably wreck. haha The only thing to watch out for is hauling *** on a trail, because when the *** end hits a bump hard it tends to want to lift up the rear and throw you over the bars. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

sounds like a great deal but if it has no rear suspension and u go trail ridin i wouldnt get it

Quick Reply: yamaha three wheeler- good bad or ugly