ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Three wheelers dangerous.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Three wheelers dangerous.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Does the fact that three wheelers were outlawed and everybody thinks they are totally dangerous make you like them more? [img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img] It makes them more appealing to me but maybe im just a little weird. I always get people talking to me about my atc's when im riding around and the first response is " Man those things are dangerous" or " Your crazy" But I like when people think they look new and say "I didnt think they made those anymore". Three wheelers are awesome![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Trailblazer

Actually, the law that stated the companies werent allowed to produce them had run out in the late 90's.
They could have all this time, but would have met with lots of resistance Im sure. Ive had my share of the ATC's
and they are dangerous if you dont know what youre doing. With anything, it comes down to the rider, and whether
or not they are confortable. I think the biggest reason everyone thinks theyre dangerous, is theyve only seen the bad accidents .
Ride hard!

Old 04-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

three wheelers are alot like guns, they are only as dangerous as the operator. I have had my fair share of bed time from three wheeler accidents, and never have I been hurt riding the way it was intended too be used. I have been riding for 25yrs and learned to respect my machine. Ride safe and know the area you are riding danger is behind every unknown turn.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: cowboy316911

three wheelers are alot like guns, they are only as dangerous as the operator. I have had my fair share of bed time from three wheeler accidents, and never have I been hurt riding the way it was intended too be used. I have been riding for 25yrs and learned to respect my machine. Ride safe and know the area you are riding danger is behind every unknown turn.</end quote></div>

+1....you got to know what your doing on a 3-wheeler not to get hurt. a quad is much for Newbie friendly.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just recently learned that the ban was a ten year one myself, I agree there only dangerous if your not familiar with their handling characteristics, It took me a while as I was used to riding dirtbikes mainly. Nice looking quad, suspention looks like it can handle some jumps!

Old 04-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bigned1904

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: cowboy316911

three wheelers are alot like guns, they are only as dangerous as the operator. I have had my fair share of bed time from three wheeler accidents, and never have I been hurt riding the way it was intended too be used. I have been riding for 25yrs and learned to respect my machine. Ride safe and know the area you are riding danger is behind every unknown turn.</end quote></div>

+1....you got to know what your doing on a 3-wheeler not to get hurt. a quad is much for Newbie friendly.</end quote></div>

I wouldnt say more newbie friendly, just openly accepted. You got to remember, we didnt have much time with the 3 wheelers. Before we knew it, they were outlawed. The general public at that time, only saw the bad things about them. A majority of accidents that were widely covered by the media were most likely due to operator error, not using it to its intent.

When the four wheelers arrived, the media was all over them, and how they were tons safer than the 3 wheelers. Thus, people see four wheelers in a different light than they did the 3 wheelers. Unfortunately, this is the same media that seems to be out to get us now.

I have several friends that ride gnarly on their quads, but wont ever step on an ATC if given the chance. Its mostly what was embedded into their heads late back in the 80's

Bring yours down, ill ride it anytime lol. You just have to know how to work them.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey, sflarider where are ya at? Im in stuart.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Trailblazer

Same lol. Where you ride? I usually hit Underhills, but didnt go today.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

rr, prarie, some other small places I ride a 350x no one lets me ride anywhere

Old 04-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Trailblazer

On the risk of hijacking this thread, throw me a pm. We can get together and see if we can find somewhere to ride. I know of a place in hobe sound. Sorry OP, three whellers are still dangerous! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Three wheelers dangerous.